XS Power

• 3 weeks later...

Being hot as hell in PHX I finally connected the temp sensor cable on my PSC15.

According to the temp gun I bought my batteries are at 97 degrees right now. They have been as high as 126 degrees on a 105 degree day.
Living in PHX or some where HOT!!! Temp sensor FTW!!!!

According to the chart below the temp sensor is doing its job. I am currently charging at 13.9v with almost 100 degree batteries (love the screen that comes with the PSC15).

2015-07-18_19-53-17_zpsmzwwce1e.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Please ignore the mess. I havent fully mounted the charger yet :)

Temperature wire to a ground

20150719_190216_zps2sav0cvh.jpg

Charger wires direct to terminals

20150719_190226_zps46asfzhz.jpg

Battery temp and charger with charger monitor

20150719_190231_zps3uwz12yw.jpg

Messy temporary setup

20150719_190629_zpsfvlejceg.jpg

And yes I was charging higher than I should until I put the temp sensor cable on. So yes it works

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I have an orange power cord pulled under my garage door and into the bed plugged into the charger. You can see the cord in the bottom left corner of the third pic.

My truck is not my daily driver. When it was cooler out and not raining I'd leave it float charging all week. When it got hotter I started only charging like 10pm to 8am randomly through the week. When it hit 115 out I didnt charge for like 3-4weeks (batteries didnt drop below 12.9). After finding the charging voltage charge the other night I decided to see if the XS charger followed that chart.
Depending on how often you play and charge off the alts will determine how often you need to charge. I know a couple guys who charge every night and others who charge once a week

I say charge every day if you can if you have the ability. Not sure what others say. During the summer being parked outside, not in a garage I charge when the temps and the monsoons permit.

When the weather cools off I'll leave them float charging as long as it's not raining

Edited by Smoove