XS Power

I have both sitting in front of me now. Excuse my following ramblings, I hope it makes sense.

I am using my red box 1005 intellicharger to individually charge each one of my batteries. They are all currently resting at 12.7v, about .4v lower than they should. I have the PSC60 that I usually use to charge them when I have all 11 bussed together here as well. When I put it on just 1 battery, it charges for a few minutes and says it is full, but when I put the 1005 charger on them, it is actually giving them a full deep charge.

The plus to the PSC Charger/Power Supply is the Power Supply and Recovery Mode. I use 2 PSC60 in Power Supply Mode on my test bench when I am using the amp dyno to supply a little extra current and to keep the batteries fresh.

Recovery mode is great when you have a dead battery. We were able to recover a D6500 that a customer has let get down to 9.5v. After running recovery mode on it and giving it a full charge, the battery was back to resting at 12.9v.

Personally I would go with the PSC15 if I had to choose due to the extra functions you get.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I have both sitting in front of me now. Excuse my following ramblings, I hope it makes sense.

I am using my red box 1005 intellicharger to individually charge each one of my batteries. They are all currently resting at 12.7v, about .4v lower than they should. I have the PSC60 that I usually use to charge them when I have all 11 bussed together here as well. When I put it on just 1 battery, it charges for a few minutes and says it is full, but when I put the 1005 charger on them, it is actually giving them a full deep charge.

The plus to the PSC Charger/Power Supply is the Power Supply and Recovery Mode. I use 2 PSC60 in Power Supply Mode on my test bench when I am using the amp dyno to supply a little extra current and to keep the batteries fresh.

Recovery mode is great when you have a dead battery. We were able to recover a D6500 that a customer has let get down to 9.5v. After running recovery mode on it and giving it a full charge, the battery was back to resting at 12.9v.

Personally I would go with the PSC15 if I had to choose due to the extra functions you get.

I want to leave it in the truck because I will have a bank of 6 xp950s inside the truck. 2 3400s under the hood

I went with the PSC15 cause of the recover feature and the multple voltages it will charge at. Charges 6 group 31's and a 3400 quickly.
My only complaint is I wish it came with battery clamps stock. I also like having the external screen on a cable that it comes with.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197406-xs-charger-still-cant-choose/?hl=%2Bcharger#entry2973656

post number 3 or:

The PSC15 can recondition batteries, it can monitor battery temps, it has a hide away lcd screen that shows charge status, it can charge 12v, 14v, and 16v batteries (incase you ever change or if a friend running said voltages borrows it) etc, it can act as a power supply.

The similarities are that both are intellichargers, both are 15amp chargers, both cost the same price.

So why the decision is too hard when your getting less with one vs the other is besides me :P