Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th order design opinions for 4 15s


Beanz

Recommended Posts

Posted

....Port area my buddy said was that small due to having that loading wall in front of the subs to control some of the low notes but I'm not to sure...

This makes me skeptical of your buddy's "knowledge".

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

It's like his first time making a 4th order he follows the graph on winsid and the program it shows it has a good curve

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

Well I'm glad to hear your friend is at least modeling the box in software. I would never design a bandpass box w/o modeling it first. However, there is a lot more to box design than just getting a nice looking frequency response.

Where I got hung up was when you said your buddy told you "the port area was that small due to having that loading wall in front of the subs to control some of the low notes". That has nothing to do with modeling the box in software. Making a port intentionally small on a bandpass box is not going to have desirable results.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Well would u have idea's. I'm looking for a design for 4 15s that would fit with those dimension or if it's even possible

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

When inside a vehicle, the frequency response curve winISD produces is almost useless due to cabin effects.

Posted

Yeah I know it changes due to a vehicles different own resonant frequency

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

I'm looking at the hds300 15s from soundquebed.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

Anybody else.. Or that can design something

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6629 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...