First PC Build, How does it look? [WAITING ON PARTS]

I tend to lean away from MSI motherboards. Their top tier boards are fine but the mid-bottom end boards always seem to cause me problems. Maybe i'm just unlucky with them because the mid-low end boards i've used have been their AMD boards.

I use the FM2+ mATX gaming edition board. It cost me about $98. That price is mid range for me, but it's kind of their top tier for AMD. I've had nothing, but luck with it. Really solid board. I've owned 2 other AMD MSI boards and they've done a great job for me.

AMD boards are not fun to mess with. AMD's AM3+ boards have not had a chipset refresh since 2011. Their current gen stuff is like first gen Intel i7's on the X58 chipset.

Because they threw all of their money at the FM2+ socket and all it's CPU architecture revisions. AM3+ is pretty much dead. Not sure why they're still making new boards for them. It's pretty much maxed out at this point.

AMD has given up on CPU's all together. They don't even have their own foundry anymore, it's all contracted out.

I tend to lean away from MSI motherboards. Their top tier boards are fine but the mid-bottom end boards always seem to cause me problems. Maybe i'm just unlucky with them because the mid-low end boards i've used have been their AMD boards.

I use the FM2+ mATX gaming edition board. It cost me about $98. That price is mid range for me, but it's kind of their top tier for AMD. I've had nothing, but luck with it. Really solid board. I've owned 2 other AMD MSI boards and they've done a great job for me.

AMD boards are not fun to mess with. AMD's AM3+ boards have not had a chipset refresh since 2011. Their current gen stuff is like first gen Intel i7's on the X58 chipset.

Because they threw all of their money at the FM2+ socket and all it's CPU architecture revisions. AM3+ is pretty much dead. Not sure why they're still making new boards for them. It's pretty much maxed out at this point.

Yeah, that one's ok. I built an A88XM-E45 with a 7850K and 750TI on it (and 8gb 2400mhz GSkill) for my GF. It does ok other than the nVidia drivers cause a display reset sometimes which is due to some incompatibility with the 750Ti and A88X chipset that nVidia doesnt bother to fix (its actually a larger issue that nVidia has been down-playing or outright ignoring for quite some time).

As to AMD CPU's, no they have not given up. Just look at HBM and think of what it will be doing in the future :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

HBM is memory, that's not the same market as central processors.

And if you think it wont find its way next to CPU's/APU's thats probably why you think nothing is happening to CPU's.

Things take time and the market is changing, if you've bothered to watch at all..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Microsoft is poised to buy AMD as well. So look at some mass firing or some huge advancements.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

And if you think it wont find its way next to CPU's/APU's thats probably why you think nothing is happening to CPU's.

Things take time and the market is changing, if you've bothered to watch at all..

We talking about cache on the CPU? Chips on the RAM? GPU Memory?

Where will HBM be implemented?

If they continue improving the APU, HBM would be a badass leap in it's performance.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

even with no improvement to the APU I would expect a 50%+ jump in performance (i'm even low-balling that), given how lack luster the memory controller is on kaveri/godaveri.

Hammerdown... 1%

I keep up on this stuff on a daily basis, I catch up on a few hardware forums and keep up on the news sections. If you have some sort of article even hinting at AMD looking at focusing some kind of integrated HBM memory into the CPU, i'd be interested to read that article... So far all I have seen is a roadmap for what AMD expects to have by 2016, which is "Summit Ridge" their streamlined 8 core 16nm processor that may or may not have DDR4 support. AMD has HBM on their Fury X cards that is really good for GPU's, but that's it... Nothing about HBM being ran as system RAM. The only thing even remotely close to HBM performing as system RAM is Intel and Micron's HMC, which is something we might see in the next 5-10 years.

I keep up on this stuff on a daily basis, I catch up on a few hardware forums and keep up on the news sections. If you have some sort of article even hinting at AMD looking at focusing some kind of integrated HBM memory into the CPU, i'd be interested to read that article... So far all I have seen is a roadmap for what AMD expects to have by 2016, which is "Summit Ridge" their streamlined 8 core 16nm processor that may or may not have DDR4 support. AMD has HBM on their Fury X cards that is really good for GPU's, but that's it... Nothing about HBM being ran as system RAM. The only thing even remotely close to HBM performing as system RAM is Intel and Micron's HMC, which is something we might see in the next 5-10 years.

It would likely be integrated into the GPU portion of the APU to allow 1-4 HBM stacks to be added to the APU for only the GPU to use, unless AMD gets sneaky and allows the CPU portion access through the GPU as an L3/L4 cache...

I wouldnt expect to see it happen as main CPU memory until the second or maybe third incarnation of HBM though, and at that point HCM may be a better choice (even though it uses more power currently).

Hammerdown... 1%

So I ended up buying this as it seemed like a good price for a good package. Just picked it up today.

http://www.frys.com/product/8532309?site=sa:adpages%20page:P29_SUN%20date:071915

Now it's time for the graphics card. Between MSI, EVGA, etc. what graphic card would be worth it as its all ~300-350

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Archived