First PC Build, How does it look? [WAITING ON PARTS]

Whats up SMDers,

Its been a minute since I've been posting on this forum due to school and other personal scenarios. During that time, I decided to build my first PC as I am coding and I need an update from my laptop (I also want to play CS:GO :D). I've done some research but no where near where I need to be (I think at least) so I need yall help!

I constructed this build from the followin website (Reddict subcategory) : http://www.logicalincrements.com/

My overall goals for this build is to have a PC that is capable of playing most games (CS:GO , StarCraft, Etc. Not going to play ALL these games, but just using as reference). I also want it to be capable of improving or overclocking if needed / desired in the future. Overall, my brother built his computer a few years ago and he will help me, but I need to choose the list myself. So.....

Here is the list I have put together so far for my first PC build:

CPU - $235.99: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K
Graphics Card - $350.00: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Case - $140: NZXT 630
Motherboard - $190.00: MSI Z97-Gaming 7 or ASUS Z97-PRO
RAM - $55.00: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s
HSF (Cooling) - $35.00: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
HDD - $51.00: Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive
SSD - $85.00: Crucial BX100 250GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Power Supply - $140.00: EVGA 850 G2
Total: ~$1,282.00

I wasn't sure if I needed a HDD and SSD (read somewhere you do NOT) but since I also read somewhere that people "usually" have both, I added both just in case to justify the total cost.

Also, I am fairly new to PC components / parts and have they mix-and-match accordingly due to pins, CPU, etc. So if any of these parts do not match with the i5-4690k, please let me know.

THANKS IN ADVANCED.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Id wait until Windows 10 comes out. Hated windows 8.1 and went back to 7. Also more ram wouldnt hurt, cheap and can be the best price/ performance ratio.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Id wait until Windows 10 comes out. Hated windows 8.1 and went back to 7. Also more ram wouldnt hurt, cheap and can be the best price/ performance ratio.

Suggestions on RAM? I'm not to sure of whats good for the money / performance ratio. I hate windows 8.1 too, but when will windows 10 come out? Overall, I prefer 7 > 8.1 as well

EDIT: Also, which motherboard would you choose between the 2?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

I never dealt with MSI before but I have ASUS plenty of times. I really like them, I have had nothing from them fail yet but if you read reviews you will find people who have. I would also suggest more RAM. I looked up your CPU and it can only work with 1333mhz or 1600mhz. So stick with the 1600mhz, but get a bit more. Especially with you programming, I bet you will be doing multitasking while coding and having live batch tests going. The RAM will definitely help when doing all that. I would say you wouldn't need more than 16gb. Other than that it all looks great, I mean, except 8.1 lol

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i suggest using ssd in raid ( preferably raid 0) for best performance and memory and use hhd as back up memory. Google ssd raid to see performance..

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Why would anyone need a Raid 0 SSD?

Why kind of processes are you thinking he will run that could even benefit from it?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Everything looks great that you have chosen.

My only wonder is why are you choosing an 850W PSU?

It is of course nice to have overhead for overclocking, but a 700W would perform perfectly for a single card.

Now if you have the money buying a larger than needed PSU is a great plan as it will allow for the future of the SLI of another 970 to your build.

For windows 10, I believe as long as you have a genuine copy of 7.1-8.1 and register for a free copy of windows 10 by July 28th you will get a free upgrade to windows 10.

You may also look into if they are still planning on giving people that have the windows 10 preview installed (free to download from Microsoft) a free copy as well, since that would save $100, even if it doesn't work then you didn't lose anything if you didn't already spend that money that would have been towards an OS.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Why kind of processes are you thinking he will run that could even benefit from it?

well for me it helped me a lot im a producer and i edit videos and i can tell you by me switching to raid is like adding turbo to computer and it had fixed a lot of lag issue i was having before even with i7 and 16gb of ram.. as the saying goes your system is only as strong as your weakest link. people over look harddrive as just a storage. but it does effect performance on a pc. i'm not a huge pc gamer the only game ive ever played on my pc was battlefield i can tell it works fine on my computer even with no videocard

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Looks good for everything you have chosen.

I have been running raid 0 for years so i forget how much of a difference it makes.

SSD's in a raid 0 was huge over my older platter drives in a raid.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

well for me it helped me a lot im a producer and i edit videos and i can tell you by me switching to raid is like adding turbo to computer and it had fixed a lot of lag issue i was having before even with i7 and 16gb of ram.. as the saying goes your system is only as strong as your weakest link. people over look harddrive as just a storage. but it does effect performance on a pc. i'm not a huge pc gamer the only game ive ever played on my pc was battlefield i can tell it works fine on my computer even with no videocard

Okay, I thought you were recommending raid 0 SSD for gaming.

Archived