No power to head unit after changed battery

I just got a new car today. It's a 08 grand prix. It already had a system in it, and it was working fine when I brought it home. Once I got home I swapped out the stock battery with a yellow top optima. Got back in the car went to turn on stereo and nothing.... Checked all the fuses nothing popped. When i was installing positive post the wrench nicked the fender wall and threw a tiny tiny spark if that matters. I've never ran into this problem before I'm stumped any suggestions?

Pull the plug out of the back of the head unit and verify you're getting power. Also check the fuse on the back of the unit itself

Stock or aftermarket? If so, which one?

There was a jvc in it. After I replaced the battery and seen the cd player didn't work I didn't care because I figured it was the jvc and I was about to install my sony. So i soldered all the wires and went out to plug it in and still got no signal with the sony. I just tried testing the wires and the yellow wire read 14 volts but I couldn't get the red to read anything?

Did you test the red (12v accessory) wire with the ignition on or off? On is the only way it gets voltage. If it was on and you didn't get anything, figure out which fuse it is in the fuse panel and test it, it might be blown. There's a diagram for the panel somewhere on the internet you just have to look for it

What model jvc? the red wire should have pwr when the ignition is switched on only, the yellow one should be constant. are you sure you have wired it correctly? have you taking the deck out and checked the fuse at the rear of the headunit and the fuse for the radio under the bonnet or dash?

With those small fuses just because they look good they aren't always. Test with a DMM set to ohms. Test leads on each leg or end of the fuse and if it reads like .05 or less it's good

Archived