ampere audio processor

Ok, I can only answer for me personally on this ... If it was me, I would do what I did with White Lightning and buy a headunit that takes care of all my audio / video needs and not have any external processing. I run my Eq flat and only need processing for is time alignment and corssover networks. My Kenwood 9980 works perfect for this and then some ...

... and the fact I still run passive on my front stage.

I'm mainly going by what my Teammates refer me to in competition. They (well, the ones that run processors) are using nothing but the Helix.

I'm thinking they mainly like the 32 band parametric Eq capabilities over everything else whereas alot from what I hear is 16 band in cheaper units ...

There is one of the guys stuck on the Alpine headunit - processor combo. Good reason too ... it's the mack daddy of them all. Sorry, cant remember the model of the units.

Sorry to the op for spamming up you thread ... Lol

Hope you find what you are looking for !!!

9887 and the pxa-800
I'm wanting to say the processor is the Alpine 701 ... ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ok, I can only answer for me personally on this ... If it was me, I would do what I did with White Lightning and buy a headunit that takes care of all my audio / video needs and not have any external processing. I run my Eq flat and only need processing for is time alignment and corssover networks. My Kenwood 9980 works perfect for this and then some ...

... and the fact I still run passive on my front stage.

I'm mainly going by what my Teammates refer me to in competition. They (well, the ones that run processors) are using nothing but the Helix.

I'm thinking they mainly like the 32 band parametric Eq capabilities over everything else whereas alot from what I hear is 16 band in cheaper units ...

There is one of the guys stuck on the Alpine headunit - processor combo. Good reason too ... it's the mack daddy of them all. Sorry, cant remember the model of the units.

Sorry to the op for spamming up you thread ... Lol

Hope you find what you are looking for !!!

9887 and the pxa-800
I'm wanting to say the processor is the Alpine 701 ... ???

Rgr thats the older processor that the pxa-800 replaced. Actually the 701 is affordable if you can find it. pxa-800 was out of my reach. The price and model number should not correspond.

http://amperecaraudio.com/aa-jm1/

Main Features

* Convenient GUI (graphical user interface) operations
* Main channels: 10-band graphic EQ curve adjustable (20 Hz~20 kHz, -15 dB~+15 dB, Q Factor 0.5~10)
LPF, HPF, BPF adjustable (20 Hz~20 kHz, Butterworth, Linkwitz Switchable)
* Precise digital adjustment of crossover point (20Hz~20 KHz, Slope: 6dB, 12dB, 24dB, 36dB)
* Phase (0, 180 degrees)
* 6 channel individual input, 1/2 channel & 1/2/3/4 channel summing input, 8 channel output
* Low or high level input applicable
* Highest resolution, e.g. time delay in 0.01 ms per step and up to 7.6 Meter
* AUX 2 channel input and optical input
* Adjustable sensitivity: 0.5V ~22V
* Input Voltage: 9V ~ 16V
* External controller with 4 presets and main volume controls ( optional item)
* Input Impedance: 10Kohm, Output Voltage: 3.6V, Output Impedance: 570 ohm

MSRP – $499

I use to have alpine iva-310 and pxa-h701 loved it so much wish I could get my hands on another one. Loved that u could control everything thru the hu. Awesome sq

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Man, honnestly I've seen people do that and go back to headunits and use their tablet as source units ... which it actually the best way to do it.

I could easily run a tablet through my Kenwood.

You need to find a procesor that will turn your amplifiers off and on ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Man, honnestly I've seen people do that and go back to headunits and use their tablet as source units ... which it actually the best way to do it.

I could easily run a tablet through my Kenwood.

You need to find a procesor that will turn your amplifiers off and on ...

I thought about doing it like that but since the tablet is basically a full blown pc the head unit will not recognize it. As far as turning the amplifier on I'm going to use a switch and relay

Leave the computers and laptop out of vehicles unless it is factory oem.

I have seen laptops, mac mini's and the auto pc. Great in theory but, there is one great thing you can not get around. START UP....

We all know how long a computer takes to load up and if you are going on a road trip it is no big deal but, to have to sit there and go through cold start turn on everytime will only put wear on your computer and annoy the shit out of you when you just have to go to the store and back.

If you go with a processor in your build just make sure you choose wisely and know why you need one. I fail to see Ampere Audio breaking through any barriers in DSP technology but, it does bring their retailers a DSP to offer in there line.

Most DSP today's are really geared toward OEM integration.

Nice post Kimo.

Also ... turning amplifiers off and on like that wil be taking a big chance of turn off / on pop or noise.

Might be okay for sub amplifiers when you don't need them ... but can be hectic for full spectrum amplifiers.

Just saying

Archived