Sundown Audio

great 4 channel amps??

Masterbasser

I'm guessing your talking about the Crescendo Concerto series.....but did you look at the Symphony series? Considerably smaller....

I believe there are at least 4 members here that had noise issues with the 800/4 though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I really not sure which brands to take seriously anymore, still stuck in 2007 here .haaa

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Right i have read the issues with concerto, makes me very leery on buying one i had some whine myself with the infinity 4 channel and it turned out to be amp was to close to the subwoofer magnet,moved it away and got better,moved it some mroe and gone

I know this isnt considered top end but what about the nvx jad 800.4? anyone using it or have any experience with it? is nvx junk?

i would like to figure out the amp and then build some new mids and highs around that

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

wow thats impressive for a 7 inch by 11 inch amplifier.... very impressive. anyone have one of these or know anyone with one? are they reliable? do they get hot? hmmm

its puts out very close to what a concerto is rated at and very small. I may have to give it a try would like more input though.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

I am looking to replace my infinity 4 channel amp with something with a little more juice. would like it to be highly efficient amp on the high end of car audio, the infinity just doesnt keep up with my sub amp at 2 ohms and I know it wont at 1 ohm.

size is another issue i dont want a huge ass amp. amps i was looking at were the crescendo 4 channel but it is pretty big...

also was lookin at soundqubed 90x4 but would like a lil more power

Running a 18 in a SVO? Anyways how about a ZED Audio Minotuar

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Yea its got a 5.0 engine in it though,previous owner pulled the 2.3 turbo out and who knows where it is now. Ive never heard of zed audio. an issue with the nvx amp is finding speaker that will fit and take the power i guess.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Most good component sets will take that power even if it's not rated for it.

Remember nothing says the gain needs to be set as high as it can go without distortion or the volume knob needs to go all the way to the right.

It's all about that headroom.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived