Jump to content

Gas Prices - What Is It For You?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Car companies need to speed the process up of hybrids, and other alternative sources of energy.

Yea i was on the other thread about alt energy... im all for it.. i mean this... there is NO excuse for fuel prices to be this high... NONE. I try and make my trips into town worth while and get shit done in one trip instead of many trips.. i guess ill spend a bit more time at the range so i get my moneys worth
8v fury said:

 

 

Posted

Stations near me in the south chicago suburbs vary from $3.40 to $3.60 for 87 octane.

Diesel is $4.40!

I'm dreading the day I have to buy 93 for the ATV. :( Luckily it doesn't take too much to run that thing for a few days. :)

Also, that whole "don't buy gas today" shit doesn't work...period. People have been trying to do this for years and it never, ever works. You would have to convince hundreds of millions of people to not buy gas for an extended period of time, which will just never happen. And actually, it's not even a good idea in theory. People will have to break down and buy gas eventually, no matter what the cost. Oil companies have trillions of dollars. A few days of people "boycotting" gas isn't going to dent their bottom line enough for them to drastically reduce prices.

And actually, oil companies could stick it to us worse by RAISING prices when we finally have to buy gas, just making the situation worse.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Posted

Stations near me in the south chicago suburbs vary from $3.40 to $3.60 for 87 octane.

Diesel is $4.40!

I'm dreading the day I have to buy 93 for the ATV. :( Luckily it doesn't take too much to run that thing for a few days. :)

Also, that whole "don't buy gas today" shit doesn't work...period. People have been trying to do this for years and it never, ever works. You would have to convince hundreds of millions of people to not buy gas for an extended period of time, which will just never happen. And actually, it's not even a good idea in theory. People will have to break down and buy gas eventually, no matter what the cost. Oil companies have trillions of dollars. A few days of people "boycotting" gas isn't going to dent their bottom line enough for them to drastically reduce prices.

We need to NOT go to Exxon mobile.. they are the ones that are screwing america! dont go to any Exxon/ mobile gas stations, if a million people boycotted didnt spend 80 bucks to fill up, thats 80 million they wont get back and they will feel it, especially in their stock sharing.
8v fury said:

 

 

Posted

I filled up today.

Murphy USA-Wal Mart

$3.18 a gallon

I spent $31.25 to fill up..That should last me along time. At least a few weeks

Posted

I filled up today.

Murphy USA-Wal Mart

$3.18 a gallon

I spent $31.25 to fill up..That should last me along time. At least a few weeks

I envy you lol
Posted

We need to NOT go to Exxon mobile.. they are the ones that are screwing america! dont go to any Exxon/ mobile gas stations, if a million people boycotted didnt spend 80 bucks to fill up, thats 80 million they wont get back and they will feel it, especially in their stock sharing.

Like I said, people have been saying these things for years. It's a LOT easier said than done, and it's going to stay that way. I don't like $4 gas prices any more than the next person, but I know that things like this just aren't going to work no matter how well planned out we think it is.

Do you realize how little $80 million a day is to an oil company? The U.S. alone consumes 400 million gallons of gas EVERY DAY. Then you have to think about other large gasoline consuming nations.

Thats 20 million barrels of crude oil. Average price of $110 per barrel....$2.2 billion EACH DAY (just from the U.S.). $80 million? Psh.

Something extremely serious would have to be done in order to remotely affect an oil company. I'm talking something worldwide.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Posted

3.28 a gallon............under 40 to fill my Integra............i cannot imagine if i still had my mountaineer or explorer

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Posted

I have no idea what you guys are complaining about in relation to fuel prices. I just converted my price of fuel to compare with yours, I pay $5.26USD per gallon of fuel over here. That's $1.50AUD per litre and that's the normal price. In holiday season it goes up even more.

Shed some though for us guys :(

 

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Posted

I have no idea what you guys are complaining about in relation to fuel prices. I just converted my price of fuel to compare with yours, I pay $5.26USD per gallon of fuel over here. That's $1.50AUD per litre and that's the normal price. In holiday season it goes up even more.

Shed some though for us guys :(

that sux man

I think its 3.41/reg here in Sanford, NC... it cost me about $75 to fill up with mid. on a 20 gal tank. sux but, but until it hits $4 i cant complain to bad compared to other areas. Wish it was 2.46 like it was when i started driving... but nothing we can do :P

Posted

Gridley, Ca ( NOR CAL ) 3.65 a gallon for 87

Chico, Ca ( NOR CAL ) 3.62 a gallon for 87

DEISEL is 4.45 a gallon

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 389 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...