Will grounding rca's stop static noise?

I just installed a Rockford PBR300x2 amplifier to power my front door speakers. after installing this, i noticed a slight static noise coming from my front speakers. It gets louder as volume is turned up, and happens without engine on.

At first i thought that it was bad rca's, but it still happens with different ones, and it even happens when no rca's are hooked up.

I tried grounding headunit chassis to different spots, and nothing seems to stop it from happening.

Any suggestions? I know chasing noises are very difficult, but i tried fixing it for over 2 hours and nothing seemed to help

A friend told me to ground the rca's at back of head unit. being that the noise still happens when no rca is even plugged into the amp, do you think this would work?

thanks in advance

EDIT: head unit is a kenwood ddx371 double din

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

If it's still coming through the speakers without RCAS into the amp, that won't do anything. Where is your amplifier grounded?

I had static or engine noise until I moved the coaxial cables to the opposite side of the car from the power and ground cables, but that might not be your problem. Have you checked to see if there is bare wire touching anything? Could tell us in a bit more detail how your system is hooked up?

Semper Fi,

Jerad

power and ground runs are ran under the car, so that cant be it.

i have an xs power d3400 up front, an xs xp300 and kinetic hc1400 in back with mechman 240a alt. 2 runs of power and 2 runs of ground sky high 0 gauge ran under car to back batteries. kenwood dd371 head unit, rockford pbr300x2 amp pushing 2 rockford power 6x8's.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Only thing I can think of is your connections might not be tight enough. Or you have lots of power going by the speakers in a separate application, this I think is unlikely though. If your speakers still have static even without RCAs hooked up, try taking out the antenna for your head unit. I've had a friend that a bad antenna causing an issue similar to this. Sounds like ground and power connections are either loose or they need to be grounded to the vehicle frame and not to the battery. Have you done the big 3 upgrade?

Semper Fi,

Jerad

yes, big three done in ofc 0 gauge. Ill try taking out the antenna tomorrow. and I was thinking about adding a ground from the back batteries to the frame. and ill also see if grounding amp to frame will help.

and while i was driving home from a friends today, i had alternator wine coming through speakers. very loud. it was because my rca's were unplugged and might have been grounded or touching eachother. not too sure, but i plugged them back in and it was a lot better, but im starting to hear a faint alt whine. Im starting to think its a grounding issue. will try those couple things tomorrow and report back if it helped. thanks for the suggestions!!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Sometimes even if the power wires are ran under the vehicle and the rca's are ran inside the vehicle but on the same side it can still cause issues.

A piece of sheet metal will not really shield the rca's from the electrical interference.

Also, the outer pin on the cable is a ground, its also grounded on your amp, and your headunit, the only time there wouldn't be a ground present on your rca's is if the amp has differential inputs or you by chance blew the pico fuse on your radio (which is notorious for Pioneer radios) however it will happen on many radios especially if your hot swapping rca cords in and out of your headunit or amps and you ground out the center positive pin of the rca cable.

Also if you are using twisted rca's meant for a differential style rca connection on a single ended connection this too can introduce noise into your system.

I had this problem until I grounded my rcas. I just took a wire and wrapped it around the RCA inputs on the back of my HU and took it to the Hu chassis. Instantly gone. Pioneer Hu.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

The runs are on separate sides of the car. (Power runs under drivers side and Rca's on passenger side.)

How do I check the pico fuse?

I tried looking up the pico fuse for my head unit but couldn't find anything. Would I be able to fix the pico fuse on my own?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived