Active front stage

LsChevy

I even thought about the idea of going tweeterless and replacing it with a 4" full range driver. 8 for mid bass 6.5 for mid range

I tried this in my car.. and I'm not fully happy. Might be the fact that the legatias are firing up into the window then bouncing forward, but I'm not getting the clarity I want. Purchased some Alpine tweeter pods from Japan and I'm waiting to get them installed in the sail panels on the door.

TBI HDSS tweeters, hybrid audio Legatia 4 fullrange and 6.5 silverflute for midbass. Staging makes all the difference too

$300 Legatias paired with $30 Silverflutes ?? he he :shok:

What's the problem ?

not a problem - just surprised me, hey if it works for ya :) no reason to drop big bucks on every component if you're happy with the sound you're getting.

Why not a pair of under dash horns and pair of 8''s for your doors since you are concerned about output? Multiple 6.5''s in the doors wont always yield the best results but some people dont care about staging and imaging.

output and clarity are my main concern i dont wanna sacrifice one for the other

You can get very good output and clarity with the right horns.

Look at the image dynamics horns.

be warned though good horns cost a pretty penny

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Why not a pair of under dash horns and pair of 8''s for your doors since you are concerned about output? Multiple 6.5''s in the doors wont always yield the best results but some people dont care about staging and imaging.

You will get way more output and clarity from horns vs tweeters and fullrange drivers anyday of the week. Just make sure you pick the right driver to mate up with it. SilverFlute w20rc38 will be more midbass friendly and something like the Beyma 8g40, B&C 8ndl51 or 18 sound 8" would be less midbass friendly unless you build ported doors. Without ported doors will still give you the output and clarity just wont be that useful below 80/100hz.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

You can get very good output and clarity with the right horns.

Look at the image dynamics horns.

be warned though good horns cost a pretty penny

i just looked at the price and they are out of my budget by a long shot

You will get way more output and clarity from horns vs tweeters and fullrange drivers anyday of the week. Just make sure you pick the right driver to mate up with it. SilverFlute w20rc38 will be more midbass friendly and something like the Beyma 8g40, B&C 8ndl51 or 18 sound 8" would be less midbass friendly unless you build ported doors. Without ported doors will still give you the output and clarity just wont be that useful below 80/100hz.

i actually wanted the 8ndl51's but i didnt see to many reviews on them and didnt want to take a chance on them

Archived