jaydelriotx Posted July 28, 2015 Report Posted July 28, 2015 I have the sundown saz1500d want to know if the newer model is better, so I can sell mine Quote
hdorre Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 If i were in the market for a new amp, id go for the Capped Voltage hands down... But would I swap amps? Meh.. Quote On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
jaydelriotx Posted July 29, 2015 Author Report Posted July 29, 2015 How much could I sell the saz1500d. For,,its in perfect condition Quote
Syphlyn Posted August 2, 2015 Report Posted August 2, 2015 (edited) If i were in the market for a new amp, id go for the Capped Voltage hands down... But would I swap amps? Meh.. What advantages does the capped voltage (SCV line) bring in over the SAZ line? Just curious as I didn't know there were any significant advantages. Edited August 2, 2015 by Syphlyn Quote Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
Miguels Posted August 2, 2015 Report Posted August 2, 2015 keep the saz the scv can only be ran on a 12v system you have no need to upgrade as the saz1500 is the same amp as the scv line but saz can be on higher voltage systems Quote my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
tbeats Posted August 6, 2015 Report Posted August 6, 2015 From what I have only heard please don't hold me to this ... Is the new scv 1500 is basically a saz 1200 .. The saz 1200at max voltage was out putting close to 1700 rms so Jacob said it could have been called a 1500 watt amp... For us customers that's awesome its only rated at 1200 more wattage for less money.. The scv 1500 is the same size spec as the saz 1200... I own a saz 1200 and asked my Sundown dealer if I went to the scv 1500 on my two d4 sa12's would I benefit I was told not at all. Quote
Miguels Posted August 6, 2015 Report Posted August 6, 2015 yep.. and it was rated a bit higher to make it seem cheaper per watt but it really cost the same.. i love sundown but i say like it is Quote my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
tbeats Posted August 6, 2015 Report Posted August 6, 2015 I don't have a high voltage system. I can't get that 1500 to 1700 watts out of my saz 1200 but from what I have seen the scv 1500 would do its rated 1500 watts maybe more on a 12 volt system.. That's why honestly I feel like the scv 1500 might yeld my set up slightly more out put . but still not rushing to get one yet.. But a saz 1500 to a scv 1500 idk I would like to see Jacobs side by side comparison on a 12 volt out put with say the saz 1200 and up to the scv and show the difference.. Heck if its worth it I'll take one.. Quote
jaydelriotx Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 I sold it,,I'm just gonna stick with Rockford fosgate amps instead Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.