i need help

I have an 06 mazda 3, 2 soundqubed hds312 and a 1500w max amp (power acoustik) 4awg wire. I had a 35f power cap. My subs are dimming out. I dont know how else to describe it. They will hit hard for a bit then get quiet. Im getting an optima yellow top soon but ive only recently had this problem. Ive had this going good when i first put it in it would pound all day now its dimming out. Ive checked all my wires and subs. No shorts of broken wires.

please help.

Do you have a voltmeter installed in car or a device(DMM, etc.) that will allow you to measure your voltage or amps when this "dimming out" is occurring?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Funny guy saying get a better amp. Ive got a 4000w just waiting for the batt

The cap had a volt meter and when it dimmed it didnt go below 13v when it would hit hard it would drop to high 11 low 12

What 4000w amp is it? And a battery isn't a proper power supply in car audio. I hope you have an alternator to supply the amperage needed or a lot more batteries and a charger to keep them healthy (stock alt will die quick with the strain).

What does your current electrical situation look like? As of right now, your amplifier is a very inefficient one that I'll bet a case of beer won't do rated with clean output. How did you set the gain on said amplifier? What tool and what tone/overlap? What size is all of your wiring (power ground and speaker)? What brand cap?

Power Acoustik does not make great amplifiers. It sounds like your amplifier or it could be your head unit. I had an older amplifier do that when I set the impedance too low for the amp.

Few questions:

What model amplifier are you running?

What model of HDS312 are you running and how did you wire it?

My first thought is the amp, I had the same one and they are junk. I would get yourself a multimeter and test your battery at rest and running. Then do the same with your car running with your system on, throw something heavy on your peddle to imitiate regular driving just to similuate the situation. Also double check your subwoofer RCA's, if you got a cheap pair then it'll do this because I've seen this before.

As for that 4k amp, what kind is it? Hope it's a decent brand or else you'll end up not having fun with it. You better get some real nice wire with 2 runs of power, an alternator(270+) and 2-4 batterys. You gotta pay to bang right brotha :good:

The 4k is lanzar *pause for booing* ive been looking at high output alternators and im getting an optima. The wires r all 4awg. The head unit is bose. and the subs r wired at 2ohms. I took the power cap out bcuz i thought it was that causing the problems like a malfunctioning cap not storing the power any more but the cap is fine.

what a guy had told me to do is when i get my optima is to take my power wire and put it directly on my alternator and leave the stock battery to power the car. Idk if thats ok to do or not. Sounds like it would be ok but put more stress on my alt which has 136k miles on it so its almost time to change anyways.

Check your grounds, I know it sounds so simple. But seriously. Give them a check.

If you need anymore help, PM me to avoid this needless bashing.

TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions

The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L

Drew Jones
Bassahaulic Productions

4 SSA ZCON 15"s
2 Sundown SCV-6000's
6 AGM G31's

161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw
159.8 @ 36Hz Legal

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Archived