Battery advice/suggestions

So one battery fail means that brand is junk sounds REAL logical. Ive heard many say the same for xs power and kinetik.. theyre both china made.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

So one battery fail means that brand is junk sounds REAL logical. Ive heard many say the same for xs power and kinetik.. theyre both china made.

how about new out the box they wouldnt honor warranty.. i still have the battery brand new sitting on my floor

for shits and giggles

so I bought another. The second lasted 2.5 years and when I contact Odyssey to inquire as to why the lifespan was diminished from my previous one I was given a bunch of reasons as to how I had screwed up the battery's life by not maintaining it, not driving the car enough, not having the correct alternator (seriously?) etc.

I gave in and purchased a third battery from them just 9 months ago AND purchased a $240 Odyssey/EnerSys charger so that I would never again be a "bad battery owner". Well, here I am 9 months later with a dead battery that their charger says needs to be checked and will not charge.

Upon contacting them, explaining that I drive the car very infrequently and thus having the charger connected pretty much 95% of the time, here's what they said:

"Yes, the battery is dead. In fact, it is over-discharged at less than 10.0V therefore the warranty is void per the attached ODYSSEY warranty for your reference."

They then offered to allow me to return the battery for an "autopsy" and if they determined it was a defect they would replace it however, if not, they would simply keep the battery and tough luck to me.

So, between the battery and charger I spent right on $500 (not counting my previous battery purchases from them), and they seem to be more interested in being right and maintaining their moral high ground than in servicing their customers.

Only worked for a year, then wouldn't take charge anymore. upon contacting Odyssey in regards to their warranty which was a big reason for going with them; they simply blamed it on me without any actual testing or assistance to determine the state of the battery.

I have gone through three Odyssey PC1200MJT batteries. I drive my collectable vehicle infrequently. On the recommendation of Odyssey, purchased a sophisticated trickle charger to maintain charge, and still had a short life on all my Odyssey batteries. Based on the information from Odyssey and an electrical engineer, my conclusion is that the specifics of the combined physical and chemical design of the Odyssey batteries deteriorates when not used constantly at near to its rated capacity. If used infrequently, or an overrated battery is used for a particular application, the life of the battery is shortened. Apparently, keeping the battery trickle changed; even with an advanced charge management system, will do little to maintain battery life.

this item is apiece of junk it failed and there is no recourse and no warranty to back up your purchased

Battery started giving up around 1yr, I called customer service and they just gave me the run around. As if it was my fault, i didnt drive my car enough, didnt maintain the battery, my alternator etc. Everything was fine on my car, i was able to put an Optima battery one for a few days from my other car and no issues. As soon as i put the battery back, after a while my car would not start. Odyssey would only replace the battery if i purchased a battery charger which was the cost of a new battery. No point I went with optima and havent had an issue. FYI Customer service gave me a round around for 1+yr before i gave up.

i rest my case

This shit I can do without. That's why I'd like something I can get local. I'm not in California anymore.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Archived