Two Battery Newbie Question

title says it all

Stock front battery - One deep cycle battery in the trunk + 240ALT

what r the pros and cons of this setup
someone told me i need to get an isolator
the car will always be runing when playing so i dont see why i need an isolator

does the isolator keep my main battery separate from the rear battery even if the car is runing?

let me know
:P

If they are 2 types of diff batteries then run a isolator, if not no need for one....the isolator just prevents one battery from draining the other, but since the car will be running then no need for an isolator....just don't play with the car off

if you wanna read up on isolators

http://all-about-lead-acid-batteries.capnfatz.com/all-about-lead-acid-batteries/lead-acid-battery-management/how-battery-isolators-work/

Isolator not needed really, why not just switch the front battery as well?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Unless your planing on playing your system with your vehicle off until the battery dies, you shouldn't need an isolator.

I would only use one for a marine application, Sucks to be dead in the water.

If they are 2 types of diff batteries then run a isolator, if not no need for one....the isolator just prevents one battery from draining the other, but since the car will be running then no need for an isolator....just don't play with the car off

if you wanna read up on isolators

http://all-about-lead-acid-batteries.capnfatz.com/all-about-lead-acid-batteries/lead-acid-battery-management/how-battery-isolators-work/

so what my setup is fine ? normal battery up front deep cycle in the rear no issue ?

Isolator not needed really, why not just switch the front battery as well?

why ? its brand new

Unless your planing on playing your system with your vehicle off until the battery dies, you shouldn't need an isolator.

I would only use one for a marine application, Sucks to be dead in the water.

no i wouldnt play with the car off but i'd like to know if this is a bad setup or its alright :D ?

ha

No need for an isolator

thanks so thats fine stock front and deep cycle rear ?

Yes, it will. Will the better battery have a diminished life over time? Yes. But as a daily driver, it really won't matter. You'll be fine. It'll still have a few good years, and you can have the battery load tested as often as you want to keep track of its ability to perform.

Archived