Sundown Audio

Gain issues

arcaudioman

You could start by checking your voltage from your alt to your batt to your amp if you havent done so to see if there are any abnormalities. Then you can use a multi meter for refrence to see what kind of numbers your getting out of yhe amp ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163181-set-gain-with-multimeter/ ) unless you know how to clamp your amp to see what its doing. But it sounds like the amp took a hit somewhere so you probably could hit up dc audio direct to get a real idea and if you like that amp theres repair guys around you just have to hunt them down.

Alpine head units need to be set with sub out at +15 to get full RCA voltage. Unless something has changed.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I have the stinger volt meter in the dash hooked at the amp and the power seems to be consistent with alt and batteries. I do need a bigger alt though, I drop to 11 volts at the deep bass lines. This is my daily driver I commute 2 hrs each way to work daily and this keeps me awake. Hopefully my amp is ok, it still plays fine I'm just concerned with the sudden need to increase gain, it's been constant for 2 years

Archived