Hope it was smart to return infinity Kappa and get focal. What do you think

fufhubbin

I had just placed my order on eBay the other night excited about the infinity Kappa 5.25 52.9i coaxial speakers and then was watching reviews cause I was getting excited and I was reading comments and someone was like those belong In the garbage if you compare them to focal. So I got back onljjne and canceled before they shipped and ordered some component. 5.25 focals access 130 a1's and the tweeters they come with they were used for 88$ and doesn't include crossover. I heard no point of having nice speakers if you cheap on the crossover so I got a pair of focal crossovers coming as well do you think they are a good match? Item links below crossovers are new.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191663829157&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400335237853&alt=web

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Just gonna throw this out there, those are the wrong crossovers for that component set.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

How wrong. like will they work and sound good. I seen some more on eBay that were 80$ but I don't want to spend that much 50 was already strwching it but I want it to sound really good.

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

do some digging and find out what the crossover points are supposed to be for your component set and then find out what those crossovers crossover points are set at.

Who knows it might be that the set points are the same as your component set you could got lucky but I doubt it.

I would just track down the right one or run them active.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I will look into that forsure. What dies run them active mean. Does that mean without a crossover? And that would be better than the crossover being slightly off

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

• 2 weeks later...

I will look into that forsure. What dies run them active mean. Does that mean without a crossover? And that would be better than the crossover being slightly off

It means using an active crossover filter (you're able to set the crossover point yourself), such as the filters built into the amplifier, head unit, or an external active crossover.

Passive means to use the passive crossover that comes with the component set, or the capacitor(s) that sometimes is affixed to coaxials or super tweeters.

Archived