dbackfan12 Posted August 16, 2015 Report Posted August 16, 2015 Hey guys, I am having an issue with a 12" DC audio xl making a weird popping sound at the end of some low notes. It sounds like something is hitting the sub and it only happens on some really low hitting songs. Currently I have it in a 2.5 ft^3 enclosure tuned to 29 hz and running it off a Fosgate T2000.1. I used a DD-1 to set the gains and determine the max clean signal volume on my hu so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a clean signal. I also have the big 4 with a d3400 under the hood and d680 all 0 gauge in the trunk with stock alt. Any help is appreciated, thanks for your help!
Joe X Posted August 16, 2015 Report Posted August 16, 2015 Very likely bottoming out, enable your subsonic filter to 26 Hz or so, don't let those pops keep happening at all or the sub will die very soon.
dbackfan12 Posted August 16, 2015 Author Report Posted August 16, 2015 That's kinda what I figured, but I do not have a subsonic filter setting only an infrasonic setting with an on/off switch, would switching it on mend the problem as I currently have it set to the off position?
reedal Posted August 17, 2015 Report Posted August 17, 2015 Yes SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
poorfish88 Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 Hey guys, I am having an issue with a 12" DC audio xl making a weird popping sound at the end of some low notes. It sounds like something is hitting the sub and it only happens on some really low hitting songs. Currently I have it in a 2.5 ft^3 enclosure tuned to 29 hz and running it off a Fosgate T2000.1. I used a DD-1 to set the gains and determine the max clean signal volume on my hu so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a clean signal. I also have the big 4 with a d3400 under the hood and d680 all 0 gauge in the trunk with stock alt. Any help is appreciated, thanks for your help! That box seems big for a DC XL12 mine and the one I'm offering you for sale. Loves small boxes 1.5ish and shitt tons of port.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.