Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer making a weird popping sound

dbackfan12

Hey guys, I am having an issue with a 12" DC audio xl making a weird popping sound at the end of some low notes. It sounds like something is hitting the sub and it only happens on some really low hitting songs.

Currently I have it in a 2.5 ft^3 enclosure tuned to 29 hz and running it off a Fosgate T2000.1. I used a DD-1 to set the gains and determine the max clean signal volume on my hu so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a clean signal. I also have the big 4 with a d3400 under the hood and d680 all 0 gauge in the trunk with stock alt.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your help!

Hey guys, I am having an issue with a 12" DC audio xl making a weird popping sound at the end of some low notes. It sounds like something is hitting the sub and it only happens on some really low hitting songs.

Currently I have it in a 2.5 ft^3 enclosure tuned to 29 hz and running it off a Fosgate T2000.1. I used a DD-1 to set the gains and determine the max clean signal volume on my hu so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a clean signal. I also have the big 4 with a d3400 under the hood and d680 all 0 gauge in the trunk with stock alt.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your help!

That box seems big for a DC XL12 mine and the one I'm offering you for sale.

Loves small boxes 1.5ish and shitt tons of port.

Archived