timc31610 Posted August 18, 2015 Report Posted August 18, 2015 Hey guys, I just picked up a 2003 PT Cruiser (I know not the best rep for a car but you work with the funds you have). I have 38"W x 18"D, 20"H to work with and was wondering if 2 15's would be out of the question. I currently have 2 blown Soundqubed HDS312 that are about to be sent bak to be repaired and I can go up to 15's while they have them for very little extra cost. According to my calcs with the above dimensions I can pull off about 7.9 cubic foot gross. Can someone suggest port area size? Or am I just hoping for too much? Should I stick with 12's? I will be powering them off of a Sundown SAZ-3000 at 1ohm with factory alt and two D3100's. Thanks in advance guys! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Joe X Posted August 19, 2015 Report Posted August 19, 2015 You would need to get 15s that work in tighter space or do 3 12s.
timc31610 Posted August 19, 2015 Author Report Posted August 19, 2015 Thanks for the response Joe. I may just have to stick to the 2 12's sadly. I can't afford 2 high powered 15's that would work in a smaller space. And 3 12's would be a tight fit. What would you recommend as far as a box for the two hds312's that I have Joe? Should I do subs up port back around 4.8 net? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Polar Posted August 19, 2015 Report Posted August 19, 2015 4.8 is a sweet size for those subs 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
timc31610 Posted August 19, 2015 Author Report Posted August 19, 2015 Maybe something like this? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
timc31610 Posted August 20, 2015 Author Report Posted August 20, 2015 NM that won't work, after re-measuring I only have 17" of depth at 20" of height. I have been playing with Torres too much and can't get it right...lol. I know I wnt at least 4.5 cubic foot net just not sure about port size and area. Any help would be appreciated! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
timc31610 Posted September 4, 2015 Author Report Posted September 4, 2015 Ok, SQ has my subs and I am downsizing to 10's for space reasons. Im going for 2.5 cubes with around 40 square inches of port, subs up port back. This will give me enough room for my 2 D3100's in the back along with the sub amp and my 2 channel. Anyone have any suggestions? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.