reedal Posted May 13, 2016 Report Posted May 13, 2016 You have my vote man. I can't believe you only have a 40A alt. Jeez. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
askmeaboutmy6.5s Posted May 14, 2016 Author Report Posted May 14, 2016 You have my vote man. I can't believe you only have a 40A alt. Jeez. Thanks man! I need as many as I can get! Yeah only 40 amp stock it's ridiculous! If I win I'm gonna get the 320 1 wire, fab a bracket myself, and show every step of the install! Follow Seth Sharer Designs on Facebook for more frequent updates! New build coming soon! 20 6.5s wall on two massive drago 5ks
reedal Posted May 14, 2016 Report Posted May 14, 2016 You have my vote man. I can't believe you only have a 40A alt. Jeez. Thanks man! I need as many as I can get! Yeah only 40 amp stock it's ridiculous! If I win I'm gonna get the 320 1 wire, fab a bracket myself, and show every step of the install! sweet man, i hope you get it install is pristine, and if anyone is in need of an alt for their car audio needs, i think it's most definitely you. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
askmeaboutmy6.5s Posted May 14, 2016 Author Report Posted May 14, 2016 You have my vote man. I can't believe you only have a 40A alt. Jeez. Thanks man! I need as many as I can get! Yeah only 40 amp stock it's ridiculous! If I win I'm gonna get the 320 1 wire, fab a bracket myself, and show every step of the install! sweet man, i hope you get it install is pristine, and if anyone is in need of an alt for their car audio needs, i think it's most definitely you. Thanks! Right now my batts are holding me over. Mainly staying in the 12s. But I've also got enough batts for about 5-6k if I get this alt. And that's what I plan on running for my wall build! Follow Seth Sharer Designs on Facebook for more frequent updates! New build coming soon! 20 6.5s wall on two massive drago 5ks
2loud4uboyz Posted May 14, 2016 Report Posted May 14, 2016 Man I want to see the build go down with 20 6.5 sub puppy's. Wall design plan looks tight. Yeah man you need and alternator pretty bad. If the one you have is 40 amps. I didn't know they put 40amp alts on cars anymore. Like 70amps alts and up.Truck getting down dude.
askmeaboutmy6.5s Posted May 14, 2016 Author Report Posted May 14, 2016 Man I want to see the build go down with 20 6.5 sub puppy's. Wall design plan looks tight. Yeah man you need and alternator pretty bad. If the one you have is 40 amps. I didn't know they put 40amp alts on cars anymore. Like 70amps alts and up. Truck getting down dude. Yeah only 40 amps on a good day. I've had the headlights dim with the amp off and the blower turn on! It's a 94 sidekick, everything about this thing is odd. 5.12 gears in the diffs! Just all around weird Lol could really use your vote when it comes time Follow Seth Sharer Designs on Facebook for more frequent updates! New build coming soon! 20 6.5s wall on two massive drago 5ks
askmeaboutmy6.5s Posted May 16, 2016 Author Report Posted May 16, 2016 SOTM bump for my log!Up for grabs this month is a mechman credit, and i desperately need an alt! this video was taken before i installed my northstar batts, some bad voltage drop! couldnt even get the full potential of it, too loud and the entire car would literally shut down completely and re start! bought a northstar 220 and an agm34 for the front, its atleast playable now! still suffers from some bad drops at times thoughalso on my youtube is a fairly lengthy(but informational) video on my electrical system and some great info on fuses! if youve got a question about where you need a fuse and why watch it! sad to think this was the only batt powering my amp at one time(and a tiny 40 amp alt) Follow Seth Sharer Designs on Facebook for more frequent updates! New build coming soon! 20 6.5s wall on two massive drago 5ks
Karkov Posted May 17, 2016 Report Posted May 17, 2016 How are you liking the speakers in your headliner? 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
askmeaboutmy6.5s Posted May 17, 2016 Author Report Posted May 17, 2016 How are you liking the speakers in your headliner? theyr pretty loud. wired to 2 ohm and getting about 70 watts per pair with the sony headunit. just some rear fill but loud and clear Follow Seth Sharer Designs on Facebook for more frequent updates! New build coming soon! 20 6.5s wall on two massive drago 5ks
BP1Fanatic Posted May 17, 2016 Report Posted May 17, 2016 Nice build! What made choose 9 subs over 8 or 10 quantity? 2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.