Frank Seaton-Gilford Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 I HAVE A 2004 CHEVY TAHOE I WANT TO INSTALL THESE SUBWOOFERS IN BUT DONT KNOW OF WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. I WANT TO BE HEARD FROM BLOCKS AWAY AS WELL AS GOOD SQ. I CURRENTLY HAVE A SPL 3400 GORILLA AMP TO POWER THE SUBWOOFERS. SPACE AVAILABLE IS THE WHOLE REAR SPACE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. THANKS
Skullz Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 Just pick up a prefab for those subs cause buying wood, screws and glue for them is a waste. just my .02 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Karkov Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 I HAVE A 2004 CHEVY TAHOE I WANT TO INSTALL THESE SUBWOOFERS IN BUT DONT KNOW OF WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. I WANT TO BE HEARD FROM BLOCKS AWAY AS WELL AS GOOD SQ. I CURRENTLY HAVE A SPL 3400 GORILLA AMP TO POWER THE SUBWOOFERS. SPACE AVAILABLE IS THE WHOLE REAR SPACE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. THANKS omg... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Frank Seaton-Gilford Posted August 25, 2015 Author Report Posted August 25, 2015 Just pick up a prefab for those subs cause buying wood, screws and glue for them is a waste. just my .02 I've had them in a prefab box and doesn't sound as well as my buddy that had 2 in a custom built box for his car. IDC about the cost just want to try a custom enclosure.
Frank Seaton-Gilford Posted August 25, 2015 Author Report Posted August 25, 2015 Just pick up a prefab for those subs cause buying wood, screws and glue for them is a waste. just my .02 I've had them in a prefab box and doesn't sound as well as my buddy that had 2 in a custom built box for his car. IDC about the cost just want to try a custom enclosure.
Frank Seaton-Gilford Posted August 25, 2015 Author Report Posted August 25, 2015 I HAVE A 2004 CHEVY TAHOE I WANT TO INSTALL THESE SUBWOOFERS IN BUT DONT KNOW OF WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. I WANT TO BE HEARD FROM BLOCKS AWAY AS WELL AS GOOD SQ. I CURRENTLY HAVE A SPL 3400 GORILLA AMP TO POWER THE SUBWOOFERS. SPACE AVAILABLE IS THE WHOLE REAR SPACE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. THANKS omg... why the "omg"
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 I HAVE A 2004 CHEVY TAHOE I WANT TO INSTALL THESE SUBWOOFERS IN BUT DONT KNOW OF WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. I WANT TO BE HEARD FROM BLOCKS AWAY AS WELL AS GOOD SQ. I CURRENTLY HAVE A SPL 3400 GORILLA AMP TO POWER THE SUBWOOFERS. SPACE AVAILABLE IS THE WHOLE REAR SPACE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT SIZE ENCLOSURE I SHOULD BUILD. THANKSomg... why the "omg" Probably because your caps lock key was stuck. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
REH Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45475_SPL-GLA1-3400D.html Is that your 3400 watt amp? If you're going to spend the time and cash to build a decent enclosure, you're definitely going to want to get a decent amp go go along with it to do what you say you're wanting.
Frank Seaton-Gilford Posted August 25, 2015 Author Report Posted August 25, 2015 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45475_SPL-GLA1-3400D.html Is that your 3400 watt amp? If you're going to spend the time and cash to build a decent enclosure, you're definitely going to want to get a decent amp go go along with it to do what you say you're wanting. yes thats it. i plan to get a much better amp later.
Zbak Posted August 28, 2015 Report Posted August 28, 2015 So back to his question lol... Bigger will be more efficient at lower power and louder overall so prob no less than 4 cubes net My box for bd2 12 was 35x 16 tall x 20
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.