Alt whine or fuel pump?

Go ahead disconnect your alt and start your car and watch what happens.

Shhhh..... I wanna see the funny.
I'm assuming I need to disable the voltage regulator as well so that the alt doesn't kick on and arc all over the place. Maybe I'm wrong. Please educate me.

Just don't do that at all, I already told you how to determine if it's the alt.

Do that test and if it's not the alt then move down the line.

Makes no sense to try and test multiple things at once, one step at a time.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Go ahead disconnect your alt and start your car and watch what happens.

Shhhh..... I wanna see the funny.
I'm assuming I need to disable the voltage regulator as well so that the alt doesn't kick on and arc all over the place. Maybe I'm wrong. Please educate me.

Your battery makes a heavy discharge of current when starting. Hence why different vehicles require higher and lower amounts of cranking amps from the battery under the hood. You disconnect the alt, it can't charge it back up after the vehicle is running, shortly after, the battery will be drained from the regular components pulling electricity, PLUS your aftermarket components (amp, head unit, etc) pulling electricity while you try to listen for alt whine.

This is where my headache begins. Yes, noise through speakers, disconnect rca and noise is reduced, disconnect everything at amp, still whine from front speakers, disconnect passive crossovers from front speakers and no more whine from speakers but still a whine key on engine running. No noise key off engine off.

Archived