Alt whine or fuel pump?

I disconnected all wires from the amp, but when I was isolating the crossover I only disconnected the + wires, I need to disconnect all from it but with my ear to the tweeter I was able to beep out Moors code with the spade connector for the tweeter on the crossover tweeter terminal so I am for sure getting noise from my wires or crossover. I have 16ga wire with about a 12' run for the fronts at 100Wrms so I think that is adequate (I have read that too small of speaker wire over distance can accept noise easier)

Have I gone bat shit crazy?

What do your grounds look like?

Post pics of the install if possible it really helps sometimes.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Doesn't matter if it's trashed nobodys install looks pretty when working out a problem.

I just want to see how well and where it's grounded

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You sir have a ground loop problem.

Hook everything back up, Run a ground wire from your front battery to that distribution block and tell me if the noise goes away.

Even just a temporary jumper through the window is fine.

Imo you need to re ground directly to the frame. Sheet metal just isn't good enough. And I think it's better to have a dedicated ground per wire, could be wrong though?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Archived