MOHpro Posted September 3, 2015 Report Posted September 3, 2015 Is it ok to use RCA splitters from the head unit with no line driver as long as I set the gains properly on the amps? Im a proud owner of the SMD DD-1 distortion detector, so setting the gains Precisely is no issue.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 3, 2015 Report Posted September 3, 2015 Yes it is. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
MOHpro Posted September 3, 2015 Author Report Posted September 3, 2015 That is what I figured. I love car audio and car electronics in general. I don't know a whole lot, mostly basic install stuff, but I am eager to learn more which im sure if i spend enough time on here I can get quite the education.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 3, 2015 Report Posted September 3, 2015 There is definitely tons of knowledge/ knowledgeable people around here. Unless you use a crazy amount of splitters it has no major effect on Rca voltage. Now it can limit you for tuning ability depending on where and for what reason you are using the splitter. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 3, 2015 Report Posted September 3, 2015 Welcome to the forum. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
MotorCityFats13 Posted September 3, 2015 Report Posted September 3, 2015 splitters only have noticeable losses when using them on digital signals... this is why coax splitters have -3 and -10db written on them... to my knowledge amps that have inputs and pass through rca's are simply just splitters installed inside the amp and if your amp only has inputs you can add a Y to do the same thing....back when I was running 2 RF 800a2's on 4 12" punch dvc's I had to use Y splitters from my electronic crossover
MOHpro Posted September 3, 2015 Author Report Posted September 3, 2015 Thanks. Let me try to explain the best I can why I am going to be using the splitters. I am going to have 3 sets of components in the front doors (3 mid range, and 3 tweeters in each front door). I am going to have 1 coax in each of the rear doors, and 2 coax in the rear deck. So i will have 10 speakers all together. I would like to maintain the balance and fade. With that said, I want all 3 speakers in the driver's door on the same channel, all 3 speakers in the passenger door on the same channel, the rear driver side door and deck speaker on the same channel, and the rear passenger side door and deck speaker on the same channel.
reedal Posted September 3, 2015 Report Posted September 3, 2015 Cool. Build it. Take pictures. Share said pictures. /thread SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
MOHpro Posted September 3, 2015 Author Report Posted September 3, 2015 This project won't be till some time next year. I am doing plenty of planning ahead so that when the time comes I can just do it.
MOHpro Posted September 3, 2015 Author Report Posted September 3, 2015 And don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures and videos of the install
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.