Orion HCCA 225R vs. Rockford Fosgate Punch Power 50.2. Both amps retailed for around $600 back in 1998 and both were very popular in the competition scene. These were called "cheater amps" as they were rated at 25x2 at 4 ohms for competition purposes, yet could deliver much more power at lower ohm loads (1 or 0.5 ohms).

Let's find out which one wins the battle...

Watch on YouTube in 1080P HD

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Pretty cool. I was a little too young to be apart of the game back when those were popular for use, but it's cool to see them outperform the spec sheets.

I use to love watching those Orions go up in smoke back in the day ...

But make no mistake ... I watch 2 of those on 8 15s put up some hellatious numbers on the Flashdance format ...

They definitely don't make them like they use to ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

As always, Thank you for another great video!

I've never been a big fan of the Best Buy generation fosgate and while this one, even being a molested example, put up great numbers I'm curious if you think the DSM series of the same amp would crush these numbers.

The 50x2 is what would be the grey dsm power series model. While I don't have the 50x2, i have the prototype for it which is teh 25x2. This was in teh black foreman grill heat sink and was never in production, they went to the grey and called it the 50x2. Your more than welcome to it for test purposes if you want to put it against something

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

As always, Thank you for another great video!

I've never been a big fan of the Best Buy generation fosgate and while this one, even being a molested example, put up great numbers I'm curious if you think the DSM series of the same amp would crush these numbers.

The 50x2 is what would be the grey dsm power series model. While I don't have the 50x2, i have the prototype for it which is teh 25x2. This was in teh black foreman grill heat sink and was never in production, they went to the grey and called it the 50x2. Your more than welcome to it for test purposes if you want to put it against something

I have a Power 50x2 and will test it soon. I expect it will perform very close to the Power 50.2. That 25x2 you have is cool, don't see many of those!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

I love these tests... the one I have always wanted to see is a drag race between something like a punch 800a2 and a punch power 800a2....was the power version worth the extra cash

I've tested a Power 800a2 already and should have an 800a2 next week. I'm also interested in how they compare. These are a little after my time as well @Rolex, but I've come to appreciate them, at least for their performance...I still don't like their looks though :P

I love these tests... the one I have always wanted to see is a drag race between something like a punch 800a2 and a punch power 800a2....was the power version worth the extra cash

I've tested a Power 800a2 already and should have an 800a2 next week. I'm also interested in how they compare. These are a little after my time as well @Rolex, but I've come to appreciate them, at least for their performance...I still don't like their looks though :P

I've come to appreciate the newer fosgate as well, but refuse to own the Best Buy series. I'm working on getting a T40001bd as we speak! :)

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice