ToNasty Posted September 9, 2015 Report Posted September 9, 2015 I don't want to see screws when I build my enclosure so what would be better, a brad or finish nailer? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 9, 2015 Report Posted September 9, 2015 You don't need to use any of that, just glue and clamps. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
ToNasty Posted September 9, 2015 Author Report Posted September 9, 2015 I don't have clamps that big. It is a wal . I'm going to screw the first layer but the second layer I want nailed ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 9, 2015 Report Posted September 9, 2015 A finish nail will give you more holding power but you will still need to fill holes just like if you used screws. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
islandpride684 Posted September 9, 2015 Report Posted September 9, 2015 i use a 1 1/4" 18 gauge finish nails... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 9, 2015 Report Posted September 9, 2015 There is kind of a blurred line between whats a finish nailer and whats a brad nailer. If go by the size of the nail, I use an 18 gauge nailer, when I use one. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ToNasty Posted September 9, 2015 Author Report Posted September 9, 2015 i use a 1 1/4" 18 gauge finish nails... That's brad nailer size then ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
ToNasty Posted September 9, 2015 Author Report Posted September 9, 2015 There is kind of a blurred line between whats a finish nailer and whats a brad nailer. If go by the size of the nail, I use an 18 gauge nailer, when I use one. Link to that nailer? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
islandpride684 Posted September 9, 2015 Report Posted September 9, 2015 i use a 1 1/4" 18 gauge finish nails... That's brad nailer size then this is what i use http://www.lowes.com/pd_68523-67702-14106S___?Ntt=hitachi+finish+nails+18+gauge+1+1%2F4&UserSearch=hitachi+finish+nails+18+gauge+1+1%2F4&productId=50306217 Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
ToNasty Posted September 9, 2015 Author Report Posted September 9, 2015 i use a 1 1/4" 18 gauge finish nails... That's brad nailer size then this is what i usehttp://www.lowes.com/pd_68523-67702-14106S___?Ntt=hitachi+finish+nails+18+gauge+1+1%2F4&UserSearch=hitachi+finish+nails+18+gauge+1+1%2F4&productId=50306217 What nailer do you have? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.