AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

I just wanna make sure the mids and highs blend nicely with the bass, so that the bass doesnt overpower the mods and highs, so that is why I am thinking three sets

In this case, less is more. Look at ninjas fusion. He doesn't have that many speakers and he has 2 15s on 16k.

I changed my mind and I am going to go with 2 sets instead of 3. Im sure 2 sets will be enough. I am thinking 1 tweeter in the A pillar and 1 in the factory tweeter location. Or, both of them in the A pillar. Is there a noticable difference between having the tweeters mounted one above the other (which will be the case if i choose the A pillar for both) as opposed to having them mounted one next to the other (which will be the case if i put one in the A pillar and one in the factory tweeter location. I also believe the factory tweeter location can be modified to fit.both tweeters, one mounted above the other. Is that what axis means?

The axis is the direction the speaker/tweeter is facing. On axis means that the tweeter on the drivers side is facing where the drivers head wi be. Off axis means the drivers side is facing where the passengers head will be. And vice-versa (passenger-passenger, passenger-driver).

Thanks for explaining that to me. I have another question that I posted on here and on the12volt.com forums. Nobody has the answer....here is the question...

Maine,

United States

I need some help on how to properly wire 4 batteries (1 main battery under the hood and 3 batteries in the trunk for the amplifiers) and how to wire the amplifiers to the batteries. My total system RMS will be 6000. I will have 4 amplifiers. 2 for my subs, each amp being 2500 RMS. 2 for my speakers, each amp being 500 RMS(125RMS per channel). I was thinking having one battery for each subwoofer amp, and one battery for the speaker amps (total of 3 batteries in the trunk). Would this be sufficient? I dont know where to start with wiring the main battery to the 3 batteries in the trunk. Do I run 3 power cables from the main battery to the positive terminal of each of the 3 batteries in the trunk? Do I do the same with the ground wire? Or do I run 1 power cable from the main battery under the hood to one of the batteries in the trunk, and then a cable from the positive of that battery to the positive of the second battery, then a cable from the positive of the second battery to the positive of the third battery. Then do I run another power cable from each battery in the trunk to each amp? As far as vrounding the amps, can i ground them to the chasis, or the ground terminal of the batteries? I am totally lost on how to do this properly. If anyone can explain to me in detail the proper way to wire this.set-up, it would be bery much appreciated!! Also, I plan on getting a mechman alternator. Will 270A be enough? For batteries I plan on going with XS. What models of XS batteries do you reccomend for my set up, both for the main under the hood battery and 3 batteries in the trunk for the amplifiers.

For the batteries I would say two runs of 1/0 OFC from the front battery to the first rear battery (two positive, you can either ground to the frame in the rear or do two negative runs from the front battery as well), make sure you have them wired in parallel (positive to positive, negative to negative). And then the rear batteries will be close enough to each other that one run of 1/0 between each will be sufficient, or you can use a buss bar and only have the wires from front battery connected to the buss bar, which would connect all three rear batteries using that. Talk to ToolMaker if you're unable to machine your own.

Thanks for the info. I am going to go with using the buss bars. Will make for a cleaner install that way, where I wont have 4 cables to the positive terminal of one battery. Is the best 2 types of metal to use silver and copper? Can I buy the bars at home depot or lowes?

Archived