Second Skin Audio

swapping sp4 d1 for d2s ?

moredbs

I feel a little reluctant to ask this question, because there may be only one way to find out the answer, but maybe someone will have a legit answer. I have 3 sp4 d1 wired at 1.5 ohm ( Fi= 1.2 ohm) i keep debating on getting d2s so i can wire down to 1ohm( Fi= .7) I'm just not sure if i would notice that much of a difference in output? i don't wanna buy recones ,cause i can't bring myself to chop up a perfectly working sub. I'm also thinking about getting an amm-1 so i can see were I'm at now to get an idea.

3 d1 can we to .67. Why not do that?

.67 been there done that with the dc 9k and popped a mosfet. also .67 would actually be .37 with the fi coils at .7 right? thats what my dmm read. not willing to go that low.

i dont mess with box rise lol! I would feel way more confident running at .7 than .37 . i was just wandering if i would here a difference in dropping .5 ohms. guess i might have to do a before and after to find out. was just hoping someone else has experienced this.

If you're not competing or chasing numbers don't worry about. Just leave it the way it is. No reason to risk your equipment for a few hundred watts

If you're not competing or chasing numbers don't worry about. Just leave it the way it is. No reason to risk your equipment for a few hundred watts

damn makes me wanna get amm-1 to see what wattage I'm at though. .7 seems perfect to run on the amp, probably why they built the subs that way accounting for box rise. I'm at 149.8 on the meter at 42hertz on a 8k tfe, i think it can be much louder.

Archived