BerT6801 Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 I see a lot of videos and posts about testing true output power of amps....both new and old. But what about the rides I have that I just want a good output power from a head unit ONLY. Need some real world suggestions on such source units. Anyone have any testing done solely on head unit power?
Kyblack76 Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 I havent ran HU power since the 90's. Sorry im no help SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
_paralyzed_ Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 They all put out right around 20 watts RMS, the difference is negligible. If you want to use head unit power you are better off looking for speakers with higher efficiency.
MotorCityFats13 Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 ive always been told that HU's do not have actual amps they have dc/ac inverters and all it can do is change 14.4DC to 14.4AC and that puts it at a max power potential of 52watts peak and its pretty dirty power so 15-20rms is best to hope for... the new sony is the only HU with a real amplifier built inside and sonic put that on the dyno
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 Legit head unit power right here. There are still other reasons I wouldn't use head unit power personally though. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
BerT6801 Posted September 19, 2015 Author Report Posted September 19, 2015 Honestly for my builds I never have used HU power...but i have a couple of vehicles that really don't deserve anything special other than speaker and head unit replacement. So I'm trying to get best bang for buck.
MotorCityFats13 Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 an amp is a dc/ac inverter... i see your point what I was saying is it is a very basic in/out inverter where it does not change the output voltage
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 Honestly for my builds I never have used HU power...but i have a couple of vehicles that really don't deserve anything special other than speaker and head unit replacement. So I'm trying to get best bang for buck. Well I just posted the best bang for the buck power wise you're going to get from a head unit above. Here's a link to said head unit on sonic's website. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_92652_Sony-MEX-XB100BT.html That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
_paralyzed_ Posted September 19, 2015 Report Posted September 19, 2015 an amp is a dc/ac inverter... i see your point what I was saying is it is a very basic in/out inverter where it does not change the output voltage Then how does it change volume?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.