Low Idle Issue

Although it's technically a throttle body issue it is brought up due to electrical. I have a 98 camry. They have a very low idle (400-500 rpms). I have a singer 180 amp alt. When above 1000 rpms everything runs fine. Although when at idle, the output drops dramatically. If there is no amp draw (sub turned off) it sits around 13-13.2 and with draw it drops down below 12. Is there a specific way to adjust the idle on this generation of camry? If not does someone have another solution?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

You'd probably better off asking a Camry forum or google might help too. Otherwise might be a few days before u get answer here with that exact car or knowledge of that car.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Add bank/reserve

Put your foot on the gas

Buy a hair pin

Reflash your puter for higher idle Rev. I wouldn't. But.

I'm a bit shocked you drop that low with the low power your running. Loved my voltage with a 220 on twice the power.

Check all connections.

Add bank/reserve

Put your foot on the gas

Buy a hair pin

I'm a bit shocked you drop that low with the low power your running. Loved my voltage with a 220 on twice the power.

Check all connections.

Does your idle drop that low? I asked michael singer about it and he said camrys are known for running at a low idle. That's what im trying to figure out, whether its a computer regulated idle or if it can be done by a screw. I read once that there is a idle adjustment screw on the throttle body but I can't find one anywhere. I don't mind adjusting the idle to say 600-800 rpms. I can handle the loss of mpg/maintenance. When my car idles in the morning (cold idle) at 800 rpms its completely fine.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

You'd probably better off asking a Camry forum or google might help too. Otherwise might be a few days before u get answer here with that exact car or knowledge of that car.

I've tried lol. I've spent hours and cant really find an answer. The most common answer I come up with is to clean the throttle body intake, although that is mainly to fix fluctuating idle, not consistent low idle.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Add bank/reserve

Put your foot on the gas

Buy a hair pin

Check all connections.

Does your idle drop that low? I asked michael singer about it and he said camrys are known for running at a low idle. That's what im trying to figure out, whether its a computer regulated idle or if it can be done by a screw. I read once that there is a idle adjustment screw on the throttle body but I can't find one anywhere. I don't mind adjusting the idle to say 600-800 rpms. I can handle the loss of mpg/maintenance. When my car idles in the morning (cold idle) at 800 rpms its completely fine.

Idle on my tsx was 450. I just lived with it. I was only running a rf 2500 and 1000.4. So I saw 12.2 here and there. Who cares.

Edit. Put your foot on the gas or add another bat and be done.

Add bank/reserve

Put your foot on the gas

Buy a hair pin

Check all connections.

Idle on my tsx was 450. I just lived with it. I was only running a rf 2500 and 1000.4. So I saw 12.2 here and there. Who cares.

I'm bumping up to a zapco 3k soon though too. I'm fine with adding an extra battery, I was just hoping there would be a reasonable fix to adjust idle. I already have a d975 in the back, was gonna add an xp3000 and call it good. Can't running amps that low cause damage/induce distortion?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Add bank/reserve

Put your foot on the gas

Buy a hair pin

Check all connections.

I'm bumping up to a zapco 3k soon though too. I'm fine with adding an extra battery, I was just hoping there would be a reasonable fix to adjust idle. I already have a d975 in the back, was gonna add an xp3000 and call it good. Can't running amps that low cause damage/induce distortion?

I don't really care about distortion. Set my gains at 12.7 volt. Even then I don't care.

That said, want a cheap and easy way to rev higher? Put your foot on the gas pedal.

Edit want to play longer sitting idle add more bank.

Distortion damages stuff, id rather not burn up a 1300 dollar amp........

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived