Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box for American Bass TNT1544


SubWolfe909

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Alright, I was getting bored of the old design and came up with something new. The port opening will be right between my front seats and should sound a lot better. The box is 28" long, 24 3/4" tall, and 17" wide. The port is 7 1/4" by 7 1/4", and is roughly 48" in length giving me about 27/28 hz. Same sub as mentioned above. What do you guys think? Will this work well?

box15_zpsp5o8whhb.png

Here is what I picture it all painted

box151_zpsoqrmvlgx.png

Posted

That looks to me like it would work just fine.

One other option to consider would be to reconfigure your port so that it fires out the top rear of the box. I don't know if it would give you better performance than what you have planned now or not. I just generally see a lot of top firing boxes used in trucks.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Sadly I probably won't be able to get to this till summer, being in college 100 miles away from home... But thanks a lot for the input, I'll make a video when its all done

Posted

That looks to me like it would work just fine.

One other option to consider would be to reconfigure your port so that it fires out the top rear of the box. I don't know if it would give you better performance than what you have planned now or not. I just generally see a lot of top firing boxes used in trucks.

I can agree here, at least in my truck, ext cab f250. I have the port firing forward and do not particularly like it. Although, I won't have anything to compare it to until later this week.

Early 1999 F-250 Powerstroke , Extended Cab

Current Audio Future plans

5 Cu Ft, shared chamber, 28hz

(2) Sundown x-10 D2 V2

AQ1-2200.1 @ .5ohms Mechman 240 AMP Alt

2 Batteries stock + (1)XS Power D3400

Kenwood Head Unit

  • 1 month later...
Posted

12311044_894802320568722_482260445199330

12295422_894802370568717_697282420977768

12278842_894802563902031_864153928660118

12311047_894802693902018_131565659302659

Jigsaw for the win

12314639_894841187231502_356443590669231

12319309_896952453687042_2080073610_n_zp

Nowhere near as loud as my T line box, but I'm loving the space and it still sounds pretty decent. Now to upgrade my power sometime...

Posted

Looks good!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5886 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...