Alt whine!

Rca ends have a gap when plugged in, no contact with each other on amp or head unit end. It may very well be the rca cables but when I had the head unit in the back and ran the rca cables up to the front and back again I got silence, only when the head unit went back up front did it come back. I'm going to order a $9 pocket am/fm radio off Amazon and see if I can't dial in the noise on the AM and sniff it out.

My guess would be that the rca's and getting some sort of feedback from something once pushed into the dash then, try put some electrical tape around the rcas and see if it makes a difference.or if possible move some cables around behind the headunit once all the way in the dash and see if you can get it to stop. or even change were the rca's are placed behind the dash

Have you tried grounding the head unit to the same spot the amp is grounded to or to the battery?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Have you tried grounding the head unit to the same spot the amp is grounded to or to the battery?

Yes and yes. I thought I have ruled out a ground loop, something in the dash or farther up front is radiating a ton of noise, I just have to figure out what without tossing a bunch of money at it.

Have you tried different rca's?

Like a good coaxial rca?

It might be possible that you are using the wrong type of rca for your install.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Have you tried different rca's?

Like a good coaxial rca?

It might be possible that you are using the wrong type of rca for your install.

Yes, even emailed Crescendo and it is a single ended amp, I have tried the Knukonceptz Karma SS cables and the Soundrive HF cables.

Archived