focused313 Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 I went with 2 12" TNT's as the XFL's were too much and did not leave much for an amp. I believe I have about 5.1 cubic feet to work with so it should be plenty good for 2 12's. I want to tune it low with a huge port if possible. Now for amp suggestions. The hifonics Brutus 2400, American bass ph4000 (massive N4), or another recommended reliable amp. I guess according to the rms of the subs, I only need a 1200 watt amp, but everyone knows those subs can take more than 600 rms. I have a DB Drive okur 2000 on my obsidian a and I loved it. I picked it up for $10 from Jeff Rowland, but I can't get so lucky this time around. SoundQubed Q1-1200.2 http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-12002-Amplifier_p_30.html NVX JAD12001 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71776_NVX-MVPA1.html AudioPipe APCL 1500/18001D http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_81647_Audiopipe-APCL-18001D.html Any Hifonics Brutus older than the last 2 models. Learning Everyday. Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Alpine SPS-610C BXI-2008D (2) SWR-1242D / Ported
MotorCityFats13 Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 try to score a Hifonics BE1700.1D or higher .... you will not be sorry... or the BRZ1700.1D or higher if you cant..... the 1700's go for $200..... and dont go any newer.... everyone I know that has tried AB XFL subs gets to play with a slinky after about 1 month! I hope the lower models dont have coil issues!
Rich Schenk Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 ive had my 4 ab xfl 1222s on a dc5k running them full tilt daily and they still play fine for almost 2 years now. it all depends on how you set your equipment and if you have the electrical to back it up. On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said: Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science... Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/ 2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/ 2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded
4bannger Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 I'm pretty happy with my audio pipe acpl 1500 and love my sundown e series subs which are on your budget for sure. But I pair of sa 12a and that amp would be great
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.