Brandonlear Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 I am looking for 2 subs, size has not yet been determined. I am also looking for an amplifier. I have the lumber and tools to build the box and will do so myself, however when it comes to purchasing an amp and subs, I am lost. I was into this hobby years back, however I got out of it. I had 2 obsidian 12's and was very pleased. I was going to get those again, but they are now closed for business so I am lost. I have about $500 left to spend on an amp and subs, I have everything else. Let me know what I should look for and where I should look. Thanks!
3vil Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 What size subs? How many of them? What kind of vehicle is this for? What kind of music do you listen to?
yurvalentine Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 I would say figure out how much space you have, and are willing to sacrifice, then decide how many subs and what size cone. For that kind of budget, my gut reaction is SoundQubed but I'm sure there are plenty of options.
Borris The Blade Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 I would say figure out how much space you have, and are willing to sacrifice, then decide how many subs and what size cone. For that kind of budget, my gut reaction is SoundQubed but I'm sure there are plenty of options. I feel the same way. Sundown would also be a good option. If you want to run a single sub and have room for a 15, an SA-15 and a SAE-600D fits the budget. Thats one of many options out there, almost all brands will have something that will fit your budget. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
Brandonlear Posted September 29, 2015 Author Report Posted September 29, 2015 Thanks for the replies. I listen to about anything from country to rap. I want at least 2 subs, I was thinking two American bass tnt 15's and an American bass PH4000? They are going in an f150 as a center console.
yurvalentine Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 It may be smart to stick to one more expensive sub than two cheaper subs, but I can't speak for those in particular.
boom50cal Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 first reaction is HDC3 15 and a SQ2200. pretty sure that's around $500, maybe $600 idk. 4 cubes, lotsa port. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
focused313 Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 Alpine Type R's, SoundQubed HDS series, or American Bass XFL. I've used them all and I've been happy with all of them as long as you have the right enclosure tuned to your liking. Amps...I use Hifonics Brutus, but from what I've read SoundQubed is fine, along with Sundown. I'd watch/read amps that have been dyno'd that show you the results. Learning Everyday. Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Alpine SPS-610C BXI-2008D (2) SWR-1242D / Ported
BigManAC Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 I dont know the specs of the truck but im not sure two 15's will fit in there allowing for enough space and port for the subs. I put two of the Soundqubed HDS3-10's in a center console in a Silverado (i believe) with a AB amp and it turned out great. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Brandonlear Posted September 29, 2015 Author Report Posted September 29, 2015 I went with 2 12" TNT's as the XFL's were too much and did not leave much for an amp. I believe I have about 5.1 cubic feet to work with so it should be plenty good for 2 12's. I want to tune it low with a huge port if possible. Now for amp suggestions. The hifonics Brutus 2400, American bass ph4000 (massive N4), or another recommended reliable amp. I guess according to the rms of the subs, I only need a 1200 watt amp, but everyone knows those subs can take more than 600 rms. I have a DB Drive okur 2000 on my obsidian a and I loved it. I picked it up for $10 from Jeff Rowland, but I can't get so lucky this time around.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.