dsw422 Posted October 3, 2015 Author Report Posted October 3, 2015 5 Router lifts!?!?!?! AWSOME!! 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
boom50cal Posted October 3, 2015 Report Posted October 3, 2015 Kreg jig once you use one once, you'll contemplate how you spent your entire life without one. especially the first build where you assemble the enclosure in the trunk, or build a wall inside a vehicle. but other than that(which I do not have, but want) i'd say the most neccessary tools are a impact driver/drill, table saw, assorted drill bits, lotsa clamps of various sizes, and some nice tips for your impact/driver. Oh, and a damn nice set of carpenter squares, tape measures, and sandpapers. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 3, 2015 Report Posted October 3, 2015 What boom50cal said about measure tools reminded me. You need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Incra-T-RULE18-Precision-Marking-T-Rule/dp/B00004TRBY Its not cheap, but its so worth it. You can't appreciate how awesome it is until you use one. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
dsw422 Posted October 3, 2015 Author Report Posted October 3, 2015 Kreg jig once you use one once, you'll contemplate how you spent your entire life without one. especially the first build where you assemble the enclosure in the trunk, or build a wall inside a vehicle. but other than that(which I do not have, but want) i'd say the most neccessary tools are a impact driver/drill, table saw, assorted drill bits, lotsa clamps of various sizes, and some nice tips for your impact/driver. Oh, and a damn nice set of carpenter squares, tape measures, and sandpapers. i dont have a kreg but my uncle does.. i actually just used it for an upstairs railing i made from scratch.. i do love to use it!! i might get one if he ever says i cant use his anymore.. lol my drill/ impacts i use are the black and decker matrix drivers.. i also have the attachment for a circular saw (cuts 3/4"), sander, and router(only good for very light work).. drill bits... ive got too many to count and way too many kinds.. lol.. im sure i have at least 500 different bits (plenty of multiples).. clamps, i have 9.. going to Harbor Freight to get more soon.. i love their large corner clamp!!! http://www.harborfreight.com/corner-clamp-with-quick-release-38661.html ive got 2 squares and too many measuring tapes.. lol. sandpaper is always on hand.. 40 grit to 1000 grit What boom50cal said about measure tools reminded me. You need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Incra-T-RULE18-Precision-Marking-T-Rule/dp/B00004TRBY Its not cheap, but its so worth it. You can't appreciate how awesome it is until you use one. that looks awsome!!! i was at first like whats special about that? then i looked at the other pictures, and was like, i want this NOW!!!! its on my wish list on amazon now.. THANKS!! 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 3, 2015 Report Posted October 3, 2015 ... clamps, i have 9.. going to Harbor Freight to get more soon.. i love their large corner clamp!!! http://www.harborfreight.com/corner-clamp-with-quick-release-38661.html ive got 2 squares and too many measuring tapes.. lol. sandpaper is always on hand.. 40 grit to 1000 grit What boom50cal said about measure tools reminded me. You need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Incra-T-RULE18-Precision-Marking-T-Rule/dp/B00004TRBY Its not cheap, but its so worth it. You can't appreciate how awesome it is until you use one. that looks awsome!!! i was at first like whats special about that? then i looked at the other pictures, and was like, i want this NOW!!!! its on my wish list on amazon now.. THANKS!! I have a bunch of those Harbor Freight corner clamps too. They work really well, probably the best Harbor Freight clamp there is. I've got some HF F-style clamp too, like these: http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-bar-clamp-96214.html For what they cost, they do work fairly well. However, I've got a few Bessey K Body Revo parallel clamps, while they do cost about 8 times what the HF clamp does, they are 8 times better. I just wish they were cheaper. http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-K-Body-Fixed-Parallel-Clamp/dp/B001NHRHO6/ "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
dsw422 Posted October 3, 2015 Author Report Posted October 3, 2015 ... clamps, i have 9.. going to Harbor Freight to get more soon.. i love their large corner clamp!!! http://www.harborfreight.com/corner-clamp-with-quick-release-38661.html ive got 2 squares and too many measuring tapes.. lol. sandpaper is always on hand.. 40 grit to 1000 grit What boom50cal said about measure tools reminded me. You need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Incra-T-RULE18-Precision-Marking-T-Rule/dp/B00004TRBY Its not cheap, but its so worth it. You can't appreciate how awesome it is until you use one. that looks awsome!!! i was at first like whats special about that? then i looked at the other pictures, and was like, i want this NOW!!!! its on my wish list on amazon now.. THANKS!! I have a bunch of those Harbor Freight corner clamps too. They work really well, probably the best Harbor Freight clamp there is. I've got some HF F-style clamp too, like these: http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-bar-clamp-96214.html For what they cost, they do work fairly well. However, I've got a few Bessey K Body Revo parallel clamps, while they do cost about 8 times what the HF clamp does, they are 8 times better. I just wish they were cheaper. http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-K-Body-Fixed-Parallel-Clamp/dp/B001NHRHO6/ that thing sure is expensive.. lol do you think these would be at all comparable to the bessey?? http://www.harborfreight.com/36-in-aluminum-bar-clamp-60539.html http://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-aluminum-f-style-bar-clamp-60673.html 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 3, 2015 Report Posted October 3, 2015 that thing sure is expensive.. lol do you think these would be at all comparable to the bessey?? http://www.harborfreight.com/36-in-aluminum-bar-clamp-60539.html http://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-aluminum-f-style-bar-clamp-60673.html No, I don't think those will be comparable. I've looked at those clamps and the rails are made of aluminum and I'm worried they will deform under pressure. I just through the Bessey parallel clamps out as something that is really nice to have, if you want to spend the money. If you are looking to get the most bang for the buck I'd just get a bunch of the HF F-style clamps. They work well enough and none have fallen apart on me yet. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Frank H Posted October 3, 2015 Report Posted October 3, 2015 I think this adjustable T square is awesome! I use it for a straight edge, I clamp it to the wood and use it as a guide for my circular saw, and of course the T square comes in handy some times too. http://www.harborfreight.com/48-in-adjustable-t-square-67778.html Am I the only one who uses an air compressor and finish nail gun? I like to shoot a few nails to hold the wood while glue dries. Scion xBSinger 275Big 3 OFC 1/0Kenwood ddx492Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12
dsw422 Posted October 3, 2015 Author Report Posted October 3, 2015 that thing sure is expensive.. lol do you think these would be at all comparable to the bessey?? http://www.harborfreight.com/36-in-aluminum-bar-clamp-60539.html http://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-aluminum-f-style-bar-clamp-60673.html No, I don't think those will be comparable. I've looked at those clamps and the rails are made of aluminum and I'm worried they will deform under pressure. I just through the Bessey parallel clamps out as something that is really nice to have, if you want to spend the money. If you are looking to get the most bang for the buck I'd just get a bunch of the HF F-style clamps. They work well enough and none have fallen apart on me yet. Well darn.. lol.. I'll prolly just get a bunch of the f clamps like u said.. the ones I got work great.. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.