Second Skin Audio

Box for 1 15 ported

05flareside

I currently have a crescendo symphony 1500.1 and plan on running it at 1 ohm, I want to upgrade to a single 15 (either Soundqubed, DC or maybe another brand)

My current design is a wedge shape box and it would be the biggest I can fit

26.5 inches tall
33 inches wide/long
8.5 inches top length
14 inches bottom length
About 4.44 cubes minus roughly .2 cubes for Sub displacement and I'm at 4.24.
I'm considering doing a HDS3 15 so I looked at the recommended specs and they say about 56 Square inches of port and 20 inches long for a 3.5 net box. After subtracting port volume and sub displacement I'd be at 3.6 cubes so my tuning would be like 1 hz lower than recommended.
What are the thoughts on doing this?
I listen to rap/ hip hop mostly, but am looking for a loud daily setup.
Vehicle is a single cab f150, plan on doing sub forward firing and port up or out the side, undecided on port.

The HDC series has stiffer suspension and is going to have a more peaky output as a result compared to the HDS series. Just something to think about.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I currently have a crescendo symphony 1500.1 and plan on running it at 1 ohm, I want to upgrade to a single 15 (either Soundqubed, DC or maybe another brand)

My current design is a wedge shape box and it would be the biggest I can fit

26.5 inches tall
33 inches wide/long
8.5 inches top length
14 inches bottom length
About 4.44 cubes minus roughly .2 cubes for Sub displacement and I'm at 4.24.

I'm considering doing a HDS3 15 so I looked at the recommended specs and they say about 56 Square inches of port and 20 inches long for a 3.5 net box. After subtracting port volume and sub displacement I'd be at 3.6 cubes so my tuning would be like 1 hz lower than recommended.

What are the thoughts on doing this?
I listen to rap/ hip hop mostly, but am looking for a loud daily setup.
Vehicle is a single cab f150, plan on doing sub forward firing and port up or out the side, undecided on port.

Doing some numbers tuning would be about 42Hz using 2 6" ports, I wouldn't tune that high for rap even if normally single cabs will lift up your low end quite a bit, 36-37Hz should be ok.

Archived