Second Skin Audio

Need help with enclosure

300spartan

Uh, for what? If your cuts are good, your shouldn't need caulk for the seams. To actually glue the pieces of wood together, I use Titebond II or Titebond III. You can use caulk on the inner seams if your cuts are not perfect and just use a non silicone based caulk.

Quick question, why non-silicone?

Uh, for what? If your cuts are good, your shouldn't need caulk for the seams. To actually glue the pieces of wood together, I use Titebond II or Titebond III. You can use caulk on the inner seams if your cuts are not perfect and just use a non silicone based caulk.

Silicon caulking produces gases while it cures that are hard on the soft parts of your sub.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Silicon caulking produces gases while it cures that are hard on the soft parts of your sub.

If it was left to cure for a week or so before mounting the subs would it be ok? just wondering because i used silicone based caulk on the box i just built :fool:

What Triticum said. I'm just paranoid and I live in ARIZONA so it's hot in our enclosures for half of the year. I'm always worried about the fumes potentially affecting the soft parts of a sub. I don't trust it, even after is "cured" haha.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived