need alternator help(cant upgrade)

well i cannot upgrade the alterantor in my colorado due to the fact that the dealership here are dickheads and say that if i change the alternator it voids all sorts of warrenties... so my question is i am planning on running 2 kicker zx1500.1's and 2 kicker 350.2's, if i have a redtop under the hood, 2 runs of pos and neg 0gauge to the batcap 8600 in the bed of the truck will this be enuff to sustain for daily driving.  big 3 will be done, the batcap is rated at 9600 amps.  also is there any other options, and also i believe my stock alt is around 100 amps

that sorta sucks man. get another alternator broham. you'll be risking it but it depends on how you play it. you might be able to get away with it on the stock.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Here's how it goes, your dealership can not directly void your warranty for swapping out parts.  They always threaten shit like that, but:

#1) if you don't tell them that you upgraded your alternator, they will not know.  They are not going to purposely search your vehicle for non factory parts when you take it in for warranty work, unless you give them reason to do so.

#2) unless swapping out the alternator, which is not covered under the factory warranty, causes some type of damage, to parts that are under warranty, then the dealer will not pay to fix the problem.

Bottom line, your vehicle warranty is only as good as your dealer and if they feel like working that day. 

Kev

EDIT:  Their is a federal legislature that backs up what I am saying above, it is called the Magnuson-Moss act.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

good news fellas, looks like i only have powertrain warrenty after a year and u know what that means, only like 2 months tell i can get a new alt that only means more time to save, what we be the best place to get an alt from and what is there site, i am thinkin iraggi, what do they have for warrenty and any opinions on quality and realiabilty