Need help wiring window motor to custom switch

My passenger window has been messed up for about 6 months now and I want to try and fix it, I have taken it to a couple mechanics but it's really more of an electrical issue so they tell me it's the motor, problem is, if I grab the MASTER switch from the DRIVER side, I can plug it in to the passenger side and put the window down, this takes 2 min to do, but it's hard to do on the fly while you got a line waiting for a demo or on the freeway when I want to put the window down while driving. It also scratches my door material every time I have to take the switch out.

My guess is that a cable broke from the driver side to the passenger side and using the MASTER switch somehow bypasses that.

Can I wire up a relay directly to the window motor? If so, how? I don't want to remove the seats center console etc to trace a possible broken wire. I'm also getting door poppers later on so I'd like to wire up both side to some switches.

Any help is welcome and appreciated, I am looking for a wiring diagram on how to control the window motor with a on/off 12v switch preferably.

***EDIT***: If I physically grab the driver side switch, unplug it, walk over to the passenger side, unplug the passenger switch. plug in the driver side switch on the passenger side, it will go down, just not up.

The passenger side switch does bring it up just not down.

I have also tried multiple switches unsuccessfully.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

So, the passenger side window DOES roll down? Just not when trying to do it from the drivers side switch assembly? Does it work from the passengers side door?

So, the passenger side window DOES roll down? Just not when trying to do it from the drivers side switch assembly? Does it work from the passengers side door?

NO

If I physically grab the driver side switch, unplug it, walk over to the passenger side, unplug the passenger switch. plug in the driver side switch on the passenger side, it will go down, just not up.

The passenger side switch does bring it up just not down.

I'll add this to the description!

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Did you try going to the junkyard and replacing the passenger switch to see if that fixes your problem?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Did you try going to the junkyard and replacing the passenger switch to see if that fixes your problem?

Yes I have, multiple switches, I am fairly certain it is a short but fishing for it is out of the question as I want to wire it all up to a center console panel

Any wiring gurus out there that could help with a diagram maybe?

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Easiest way to do that would be just to relocate the driver side master itself into the center console and make filler panels for both doors. Can't remember on that truck but you may have to keep the pass. switch plugged in and bury it.

But even easier that body style is notorious for breaking wires at the ends of the door boots and at the fuse box--especially with as much vibration as you are subjecting it to. I'd pull the door boot and check there and under the dash following the same wires. Had to fix the lock wires on my Dad's Avalanche there.

Static drops are my bag.

Easiest way to do that would be just to relocate the driver side master itself into the center console and make filler panels for both doors. Can't remember on that truck but you may have to keep the pass. switch plugged in and bury it.

But even easier that body style is notorious for breaking wires at the ends of the door boots and at the fuse box--especially with as much vibration as you are subjecting it to. I'd pull the door boot and check there and under the dash following the same wires. Had to fix the lock wires on my Dad's Avalanche there.

Yeah that's the plan but if I could just wire the actual motor to a switch then I would not have to look for the broken cable.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I can help with this as after a lot of thinking time I have finally come up with a circuit for controlling the motor directly as I am adding power windows to my 71' Suburban but don't want to pay the ridiculous price for the control kits. You will need a momentary DPDT switch and several relays, if this is a route you are willing to go I will help you through, not posting the circuit right now because I have to dig it up.

EDIT: If any one else is interested I am also making a custom momentary rotary switch to use my stock crank handle as the switch.

1971 K10 Suburban - Chummins

1973 MG B GT

1981 Tartan 3000

1988 F350 XLT Lariat IDI

Archived