jeep187 Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 I have 2 SSA Evil D2 15s with Fresh Recones. The Recones have 4 Stiff Spiders instead of the normal 3 the Evils come with. I am currently running them on 1 Crescendo BC5500 with plans for 2 - BC5500s My box is 10.13312 Cubic Feet inside after all displacement. The port inside dimensions are 4.5" wide X 9.25" high X 9.375: deep I came up with that the box is tuned to 27.5hz Is this box good or should there be changes. Please give me any help and or input. It is in a hatchback B Pillar Wall I appreciate all input Thanks in advance
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 by the sounds of it you don't have near enough port area, i would make it around 4.5" x 20" and lengthen the port to about 25", that would put you at about the same tuning but give you much better air flow. I have 2 18" in an 11.5cuft box and my port is 4" x 47" and about 34" long and sounds sick as hell. just my advice tho.
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 I'd recommend even more port than Wasteland did. I'd use no less than 140 sq in. Those are big boy subs and you are putting considerable power to them, there is no reason to choke the output by not using enough port area. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Kyblack76 Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 I'd recommend even more port than Wasteland did. I'd use no less than 140 sq in. Those are big boy subs and you are putting considerable power to them, there is no reason to choke the output by not using enough port area. agree, when i swapped from the sp4 to the team aa, (basically a evil) i now have port noise when i lean on it hard, .... im low on area to begin with. That mistake wont ever happen again. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
jeep187 Posted October 24, 2015 Author Report Posted October 24, 2015 this box has interchangable ports. Would i be better off with the 27.5hz port or the 30hz port
Kyblack76 Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 this box has interchangable ports. Would i be better off with the 27.5hz port or the 30hz port the tune is up to you, i believe he is speaking of port area.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 port area is just the width x height of your port, it has nothing to do with the length, that only determines tuning. Right now you're choking your subs of air and the port noise must be loud as hell. Triticum knows his stuff so i would go with whatever he recommends.
jeep187 Posted October 27, 2015 Author Report Posted October 27, 2015 I am doing a 153.5db with current port and box. Everyone says it sounds clean. Im not getting any port noise. Can i hurt anything with the port i have
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 I am doing a 153.5db with current port and box. Everyone says it sounds clean. Im not getting any port noise. Can i hurt anything with the port i have The main thing you will hurt is your output. Just because you can't hear any port noise doesn't mean you aren't getting any port compression, which kills output. In an extreme case, having too small of part will increase cone excursion around tuning, which is bad. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CleanSierra Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 I hope you get the advice you're looking for. I just had to comment about one portion of your post. You gave us your box volume to the hundred thousandth decimal of a cubic foot. You the real MVP. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.