BoomZoom808 Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 I've had Type R's and Type S's and I actually preferred the sounds of the Type S's but the coils can't take the heat when compared to other subs 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
lucifer Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Posted October 31, 2015 Heat is definitely a big factor for purchase. Here in Vegas with 120deg summer temps the foam surround idea scares me honestly.
jcarter1885 Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 Heat is definitely a big factor for purchase. Here in Vegas with 120deg summer temps the foam surround idea scares me honestly. I live in Texas and have zero problems with heat and foam surrounds as well as thousand other bassheads in other southern states whose foam surround subwoofers that are subjected to heat. Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
lucifer Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Posted October 31, 2015 I'm liking the soundqubed hds series. Now to decide on 12s or 15s
lucifer Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Posted October 31, 2015 2 hds312 s. In a qpower qbomb12vl. Box. I believe I've decided. I emailed fi audio 2 x with no reply so I'm skipping on them.
Kyblack76 Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 2 hds312 s. In a qpower qbomb12vl. Box. I believe I've decided. I emailed fi audio 2 x with no reply so I'm skipping on them. good.. do the SQ's... Fi is a joke anyway. Skip that shit for sure SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
lucifer Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Posted October 31, 2015 Uggghhh 12s or 15s. About to order can't decide
afrakes Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 15s all day. If you can do it, do it. Cone area is king Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
lucifer Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Posted October 31, 2015 15s ported good for edm techno ?
afrakes Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 Ported is good for louder/boomy bass. Tuning and exact size determine the drivers performance at certain frequencies. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.