Second Skin Audio

Can u fit 4 12" XFLS if not go with the 4 10s. I have 4 XFLS 12s on a DC5K and beat on them daily. How many d3400s u have? I have d3400 upfront and 2 d3100s on a dc5k and 2 other amps.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

• 4 weeks later...

I decided and went with 4 xfl 12s. I'm debating if to but them in a T-Line or go with a sealed enclosure.

Wow, those are two completely different enclosure styles and are going to have completely different performance.

What are you goals for your system? That will probably push you in one direction of the other.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I decided and went with 4 xfl 12s. I'm debating if to but them in a T-Line or go with a sealed enclosure.

Wow, those are two completely different enclosure styles and are going to have completely different performance.

What are you goals for your system? That will probably push you in one direction of the other.

well, I want the system to be extremely music yet loud. The T-Line was able to accomplish that but 4 12s in a t-line I don't have that type of space.

what kind of air space do you think would be needed for 4 xfls sealed? I'm still trying to get loud as well.

4 cubes^^

I want it to hit lows as well..

Don't you think 4 cubes a little on the small side?

Not really, that's a reasonable size for four 12" subs. I haven't looked up the specs on the subs yet to see what they will like. With a sealed box, the bigger you make it, the more low end bass you will get, but you have to keep your cone excursion under control. Make the box too big and you will be reconing your subs in no time.

What kind of space do you have to work with?

Keep in mind that at some point getting as loud as possible and having good sound quality become contradictory goals. You can get a bit of both to a point, but after that you have to sacrifice in one area to gain in the other.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived