Sonic Electronix

port shape awkward...what did you try,is there something we can improve?

im in a building box process,and i was thinking about the damn port....i know there aluminium port,round one,oval,square,octogone,straight...but

did some one ever try crazy thing,like i done know,a cone port,spiral, spaghetti bol with hole(the shape,not the bol itself,lol),any kind of anything??

somebody ever try to improve this port thing?? maybe a port with a shape of a snake that is digesting a big thing( like bigger in the middle of the port,but come normal at the end)....i know it may sound crazy....but if no one try,no one wil know if there an alibaba cave of db hidden somewhere lol

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

The tuned frequency will be determined by the smallest cross sectional area of the port and the length of that piece. Any flare or cone will help possibly direct or smooth out air flow or take up internal box space, but will not effect tune in any other way.

Typically to get the "hidden deebeez" the most efficient build will yield the best results. Meaning the largest diameter, smoothest, shortest port with the least amount of port wall surface area you can use to achieve your desired tuning.

Static drops are my bag.

This sounds like one hell of a can of worms than no one wants to open. The reason most people use square and round ports is because they are proven to be the most efficient and easy to build. Give Bose a call if you want a crazy port design, maybe they'll release a patent to you lol.

i was just wondering if someone ever tried something like that :) maybe something with a shape of 2 cone jointed by the top,like a sandtimer shape would be interesting....i think im gonna built a 1feet square box,and try all the idea that i have with the term lab of my buddy :) it's not all about the hidden deebeez,but something new and different :)

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

get on it and let us know your results

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Research has definitely been done into stuff like that:

3cFQe2K.gif

Also you could look up the Polk Power Port technology.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived