Motorcycle Advice (mainly SS)

Mine is not a SS and it's like $200 month just because it's a 1000cc. My next bike will be a cruiser. I want that relaxed position that helps enjoy the ride

By the way I'm not saying to start on a liter bike. I'm saying start on the bike you want. If it's a 250 you like get the 250 if it's a scooter get the scooter. The point is to get what you like and enjoying it

Mine is not a SS and it's like $200 month just because it's a 1000cc. My next bike will be a cruiser. I want that relaxed position that helps enjoy the ride

I tried out my friends Harley's and I just can't do it, it isn't comfortable to me and they handle like shit compared to a sport bike.

Might not hold true for all the models but it is for the two I tried.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I wouldn't worry too much about "starting small and working your way up to a larger bike"...

Unless you are a non-experienced rider.

I thought the same exact thing when I went to get a streetbike.

I rode dirtbikes for years and wanted a sportbike.

Looked around at 600's first and fell in love with a HEAVY ASS ZX7R which weighed like 500lbs.

Anyway it was my first streetbike and it was fine. Never had an issue tipping or crashing or anything.

Just because its was a much bigger and faster bike.........never got a ticket on it either. But I respected it and rode it responsibly too.

Unless your a pro, you're never going to really notice all those minute differences between the sportbikes.

Sit on your options and get what fits you, feels good and what you like looks-wise.

:good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I wouldn't jump right on a 600 with no experience bro. Start on a 250-300 as Broke suggested then graduate up.

I am 5'7 and was comfortable on my R1 so just go sit on them and see what works best.

My starter bike is a liter bike.. That start small then go big is a bs theory. To top it off I can't plant both feet down. It's either tiptoe or lean the bike on one leg at a stop sign.

No it's not, If you start with a lighter/less powerful bike you will learn faster and the mistakes will be smaller.

I know plenty people who start with a "liter bike" and most of them can't properly take a corner or took years to properly corner and get used to the motorcycle.

Most people that start on a lighter bike will ride more often because it is easier to ride. (especially if the bike isn't a SS)

Supersports are useless on the streets, unless you ride on a track a lot or live in Germany (or close to it, in my case).

They aren't "comfortable", they are more difficult to use at lower speeds, bigger turning circle, opening up the throttle properly requires you to exceed speed limits in first/second gear.

The only upsides are that they have great handling, but that can be solved on most bikes.

To the OP,

Your choice of the suzuki SV650 is a great choice, it's a capable bike, great acceleration up to 90mph, has a top speed of about 140mph.

It's light, low fuel consumption, parts are cheap and readily availible, running costs are low, a lot of aftermarket components.

Comes in a S(ports) or a naked version.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived