Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

infinate baffle sub ideas for 51 Chevy


Airborne

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am kicking around the idea of using the rear package tray for in IB setup and would like to hear toughts on using say two 8". I will not have room for a box anywhere in the trunk, something in the works that will take up most of the space.

I have or can get an amp but lower power would be great.

By the way, the car has a 200a EA alt, big 3 and I have batteries.

Posted

I was thinking a single 10 in the package tray. I would say 500 is my cap on a sub. The trunk is pretty well sealed of with steel. I was looking for something pretty effeciant, not so much a hi wattage monster, but some real good bottom end

Posted

Fi ib series?

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Posted

Taylor, I was hoping to hear something like that. I saw how some people are using 40 dollar subs in IB with great results. I don't want to do hair tricks, lol just some clean bass to go along with the front stage. And the front stage is fluid, as in ever changing so I figured a decent sub should be my spring point and I can more tailor the front stage to the sub output and be done with it.

Any brands to stay away from?

Posted

kicker comps like IB..... if you have a tight budget and work on pretty low RMS..... but nobodys got time for kicker anymore... lol

Damn. I'm behind times. I got kicker everywhere I look. But next year that will change :)

Still learning but have started gathering.

Posted

kicker comps like IB..... if you have a tight budget and work on pretty low RMS..... but nobodys got time for kicker anymore... lol

Damn. I'm behind times. I got kicker everywhere I look. But next year that will change :)

Im right there with you... they do what they do... only reason I left kicker for DC was because I needed to shrink my system for a new truck and kicker was not going to cut it for a single 12 ported in a small cramped place

Posted

kicker comps like IB..... if you have a tight budget and work on pretty low RMS..... but nobodys got time for kicker anymore... lol

I'm not to worried bout price but those comps are not terrible. Any clue what kind of Quallity they put out?

Posted

kicker comps like IB..... if you have a tight budget and work on pretty low RMS..... but nobodys got time for kicker anymore... lol

I'm not to worried bout price but those comps are not terrible. Any clue what kind of Quallity they put out?

I was running 2 comp 12's 2.25cuft each 32hz powered by an amp way to powerful but when tuned in they sounded great... only downside was my box was freaking huge... everyone thought I was running way more than what I had.... turn it up just a tick to loud and instant VC smell.... what do you expect from a 150rms sub lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 420 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...