For fun you should plug the port completely and run a high output sweep and see what hz is the loudest then tune your box to peak at that frequency. BooYA instant gains.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

For fun you should plug the port completely and run a high output sweep and see what hz is the loudest then tune your box to peak at that frequency. BooYA instant gains.

Might give that a try, I pretty much have narrowed down the cabin's resonate freq and where the subs fs allows them to do the best, pretty much sticking arond 50-54hz works great so far. Going to play with the box more still

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass

Picture1.png.a51bb49318e5269e42f12284828c2bb6.png

My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest

My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw 

I would guess based on the size of your cabin that 60-65hz is the FS of your cabin. Very hard to tell though until you plug the port and see what the sweep peaks at. Try the first sweep and low power like 130 ish and the other full tilt or close to it. The low power sweep will help you determine which freq has the lowest impednance rise. Ideally if you could get the box, the port and the cabin to all peak at the same freq 160 is no problem.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I would guess based on the size of your cabin that 60-65hz is the FS of your cabin. Very hard to tell though until you plug the port and see what the sweep peaks at. Try the first sweep and low power like 130 ish and the other full tilt or close to it. The low power sweep will help you determine which freq has the lowest impednance rise. Ideally if you could get the box, the port and the cabin to all peak at the same freq 160 is no problem.

I think I will do that. Only thing I'm fighting is that these are lower fs subs than they need to be for spl and so the lower the tuning the higher the score goes. So you are saying at this point I should look for where I have the lowest box rise and shoot for that freq? And do that with the port plugged shut then later tune based on that? Your help is greatly appreciated!

I think I will do that. Only thing I'm fighting is that these are lower fs subs than they need to be for spl and so the lower the tuning the higher the score goes. So you are saying at this point I should look for where I have the lowest box rise and shoot for that freq? And do that with the port plugged shut then later tune based on that? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Plug port, run sweep, say you peak at 51 with the box sealed. Take out port plug and tune to like 4 or 5 hz less than where you peak. So your peak should be the loudest and have the least amount of rise

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

Plug port, run sweep, say you peak at 51 with the box sealed. Take out port plug and tune to like 4 or 5 hz less than where you peak. So your peak should be the loudest and have the least amount of rise

I am going to agree with this post right here, except i am going to alter it slightly so please dont think I am being a know it all, In general yes if you tune a box to 30hz, 35hz will usually be the loudest, however in my experience when you start tuning the box higher up in the 50's and 60's and beyond that doesnt always hold true and is actually 5 hz off. what I mean is if you tune the box for 60, 55 seems to be loudest. Bottom line is, this is where the time comes from to squeeze everylast drop out and this is the most fun part. you can also try adding solid object in the box to take up airspace to make the box peak higher. I bet if you cut the box down 3 cubes your output would go up, obviously your low freq response is going to suffer. this is why dual purpose cars are so hard.

BTW you have an excelent start. I bet 160 is easier than you imagined. btw if My rebuild isnt ready by the autorama you are more than welcome to use my cadence sub amps.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I am going to agree with this post right here, except i am going to alter it slightly so please dont think I am being a know it all, In general yes if you tune a box to 30hz, 35hz will usually be the loudest, however in my experience when you start tuning the box higher up in the 50's and 60's and beyond that doesnt always hold true and is actually 5 hz off. what I mean is if you tune the box for 60, 55 seems to be loudest. Bottom line is, this is where the time comes from to squeeze everylast drop out and this is the most fun part. you can also try adding solid object in the box to take up airspace to make the box peak higher. I bet if you cut the box down 3 cubes your output would go up, obviously your low freq response is going to suffer. this is why dual purpose cars are so hard.

BTW you have an excelent start. I bet 160 is easier than you imagined. btw if My rebuild isnt ready by the autorama you are more than welcome to use my cadence sub amps.

I defiantly will work on it some more using this great info! I did have plans to make the box smaller but only by a cube or so because of the daily aspect. Right now as a daily it is about ~1-1.5 cubes too large so I have no problem with taking that space up with 45's (obviously test their impact on my score as I go) or by other means. I'm sure taking up more than that would help also like you say, I just have to choose where I want the draw the line between spl and daily. Getting to 160 should be fun especially with the amount of power I'm currently working with. I'd love to see what you are doing when it comes time for autorma :)

My car took me 2 days do strip the equipment out. I have also ripped 50 percent of the enclosure out as well, I have to get my rear window removed on tuesday and I can really start making progress come wednesday, I will cutting alot of sheet metal and making alot of braces out of steel. Hopefully I can have it done by the show!

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

My car took me 2 days do strip the equipment out. I have also ripped 50 percent of the enclosure out as well, I have to get my rear window removed on tuesday and I can really start making progress come wednesday, I will cutting alot of sheet metal and making alot of braces out of steel. Hopefully I can have it done by the show!

Can't wait to see what you do! I hope to have mine more sorted outt by then but we will see. I'll hit you up if I end up having any questions

Archived