Second Skin Audio

Few good questions here, YOU might even wanna know the awnsers!

AllanLuberda

The static noise Could be bad connection. Looks like your using cheap lugs on your wires... Get some nice welding lugs

considering all the terminal rings, i cannot fit that kinda of terminal, they are too thick...I have up to 8+ ring terminals creating a 360 on the terminal, The ring thickness does not matter, nor is it too thin, considering the thickness of all 8 ring terminals on 1 post = over a half inch thick!!!

if i were to use the thicker ring terms, The rings above the terminal would be layered to over 1+ inch thick....

Thankyour for your input, Always appreciated

Then get buss bar or something... Most likely having 8 lugs per battery terminals your connection isn't the greatest I bet

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

+1 new question here as well...

I hear Cd is horrible sound quality, and mp3 isnt exactly good sound quality...

what exactly is my best highest sound quality option for paying music on my head unit?

Sound quality is only as good as the weakest link in the system. In some cases the weakest link is how the CD is recorded. There are some really poorly recorded CDs out there and they are going to sound bad. However, most CDs are well recorded and from a technical standpoint, CDs have the ability to play back sound at a higher level of quality than the human ear can hear.

MP3 are a lossy compression system, so when you start with music that is on a CD and is basically "perfect" and then convert it to an MP3, you lose some information (quality). Just how much is lost depends on the specs of the MP3, but something is always lost. High bit rate MP3s can be almost impossible to distinguish from a CD, but low bit rate MP3 are pretty obvious.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

+1 new question here as well...

I hear Cd is horrible sound quality, and mp3 isnt exactly good sound quality...

what exactly is my best highest sound quality option for paying music on my head unit?

Sound quality is only as good as the weakest link in the system. In some cases the weakest link is how the CD is recorded. There are some really poorly recorded CDs out there and they are going to sound bad. However, most CDs are well recorded and from a technical standpoint, CDs have the ability to play back sound at a higher level of quality than the human ear can hear.

MP3 are a lossy compression system, so when you start with music that is on a CD and is basically "perfect" and then convert it to an MP3, you lose some information (quality). Just how much is lost depends on the specs of the MP3, but something is always lost. High bit rate MP3s can be almost impossible to distinguish from a CD, but low bit rate MP3 are pretty obvious.

thankyou for that i will keep it in mind

If your wall is leaking that can cost you spl specially if you are looking for fractions of a dB, on the amp issue just set it up elsewhere and if it still does that noise it could actually have an issue itself, pretty uncommon but still possible.

I dont think moving my amp is much of an option, its a ford focus hatchback, I cant really mount the amp anywhere else...

I was doing a little research on electromagnetic fields, or emf, I am pretty sure nickle foil is the best emf blocker/shield, maybe if i wrap my rca wire a few times in layers of nickle foil, and maybe cover the bottom of the amp, where the signal processing happens with some of the foil?

if it works, i would try to figure out a way to make it look NOT so tacky....

I was thinking about temporarily set it up elsewhere (test bench, friends vehicle, etc ) to test, not now of course but if you run out of options at some point.

If your wall is leaking that can cost you spl specially if you are looking for fractions of a dB, on the amp issue just set it up elsewhere and if it still does that noise it could actually have an issue itself, pretty uncommon but still possible.

I dont think moving my amp is much of an option, its a ford focus hatchback, I cant really mount the amp anywhere else...

I was doing a little research on electromagnetic fields, or emf, I am pretty sure nickle foil is the best emf blocker/shield, maybe if i wrap my rca wire a few times in layers of nickle foil, and maybe cover the bottom of the amp, where the signal processing happens with some of the foil?

if it works, i would try to figure out a way to make it look NOT so tacky....

I was thinking about temporarily set it up elsewhere (test bench, friends vehicle, etc ) to test, not now of course but if you run out of options at some point.

was thinking of that, but woulda be a bit of work, considering all the connections. Im lazy lol...but will do it if i have too...

as a matter of fact Im gunna go out there right now, and fold up some layers of aluminum foil, and try to barrier the amp from any possible emf, it might work it might not...Ill update, if it does work, ill have to do something different here...

kinda sucks though, the way i laid out my battery and amp was purely cosmetic.

Archived