Jump to content

Silverado Ext Cab 2 SA-12 build


Recommended Posts

Posted

That's kind of what I figured, I think I'm gonna try and run them to the speakers because it's already pretty tight behind the radio.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Posted

More power to you. Lol. Might be easier in the older vehicle. I've got my 13 fusion all factory integrated....kinda. Because I have a processor and I just plug my phone into and use as my "radio". Anyways, behind the radio is a mess of wires. Very hard to keep clean

Posted

Yeah, I don't think the amplifier comes in until Friday and deliveries don't show up at my house until later in the day usually so hopefully it will give me enough time to get the wire ran.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Posted

SAE-50 came a little early, so tomorrow I'm going to have to run my speaker wire and I'm going to try and get the amp rack rough cut.

9852EDEF-A40A-4B7C-8605-79FA387BCD0B.jpg

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Posted

I got quite a bit of work done today on the amp rack, I think I have it completely cut out. I still have to sand, add filler, prime and paint it. I only have a couple holes left to drill for the wires to run up to the amps. Deciding on whether to paint or carpet the outside of it, any suggestions?

AA142218-C520-493E-9716-062CB563A3E6.jpg

94074225-2B8E-4324-966A-642A84B35EDE.jpg

DE8E7D90-3B3A-483B-B94D-3BFD56178568.jpg

A1793D8D-E9E3-4CD8-A2D4-1D7C225052AE.jpg

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Posted

I've gotten quite a bit done the last couple of days. Got the floor and back wall carpeted, speaker wires ran to the dash, floor mounted in the truck and the back wall installed and installed all the distribution and fuse blocks.

ADD80A42-1CA4-4783-9D29-F7C21D445F01.jpg

011162B1-A6A9-4FE8-A2B6-B616FD8B31AF.jpg

B75E4463-C024-4703-AE91-37C94C389E53.jpg

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

wow man! False floor looks great. Wish I had my builds looking that good at 19. Last build I did, at 18, I just glued fur on my box cause it looked like shit lol.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

Looking good man!! tuned in to see the amp rack turns out.

Posted

It was going good for a bit, we just got moms car back from the shop and that was the garage I was working on it in. So had to move everything out of the garage for a while. I went a head and put everything in the truck until my dad will let me pull her car out and work on it. (He doesn't want it outside at night right now because of cats. All I have left for the most part though is a bit of sanding and bondo work. Going to be painting it gloss black, What kind of paint do your guys recommend? I was thinking kilz oil based primer and some rustoleum roll on oil based paint. If there is a better way to do it I'd love to know, also I do have a spray gun if it needs to be sprayed.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1511 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...