Charging at 13.9 too low?

This is why I sold my singer alternators. He kept telling me 13.6-13.8v got was perfectly normal and I would drop to like 11.9v then I put two stock alts back on and I would charge at 14.4+ hot.. I talked with Mike singer and he said alts are fine it's my battery's. I told him my battery's where brand new and charges and my stock alts worked fine... I sold my singers and ordered excessive amperage alts.. I told Nate at excessive that I wanted to charges 14.4+ hot and he said no problem... No my alts charge 15v cold and 14.4 hot doesn't matter if it's 100' outside or 20' outside... I love my excessive alt, if I'm paying for a HO alt I want what I paid for.. But in the OP case since it's a stock alt I don't think u have a problem, it's prly the trucks computer or something.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

I would drop to like 11.9v

That six tenth of a volt difference in charging made all the difference.
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I can't believe all the people trying to squeeze what they can out of their systems that they want to come here and make us sound wrong for wanting to charge higher.

I could nit pick other things and "why does it matter, you won't hear a difference" so why all the hate. It's our money and it's one of those ways to get the most out of our equipment. You don't agree, leave it at that. There IS nothing wrong with 13.9 but my personal preference is to charge higher, that doesn't make me wrong or stupid.

I could make a long list of things that won't make you hear a difference but I bet you do them anyway to tweak things. Not the point though, and not the point of this thread, not gonna waste anymore time here. I just don't get it. My opinikn/preference is different than yours. Sorry

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I could make a long list of things that won't make you hear a difference but I bet you do them anyway to tweak things.

Now I'm curious :peepwall:

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

With dual stinger 350alts charging at 13.9v I would drop to 11.9v or lower... With two excessive amperage 350 alts charging 14.4v I wouldn't drop past 12.4v. I just ordered two more alts for total for four so I shouldn't have any voltage drop. I like to stay in the 12v and above range with my equipment, I spend thousands of dollars I wanna treat it right.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

With dual stinger 350alts charging at 13.9v I would drop to 11.9v or lower... With two excessive amperage 350 alts charging 14.4v I wouldn't drop past 12.4v. I just ordered two more alts for total for four so I shouldn't have any voltage drop. I like to stay in the 12v and above range with my equipment, I spend thousands of dollars I wanna treat it right.

Very nice. Like I said, that .6v in charging made all the diff :good:

LMFAO so true

I can't believe all the people trying to squeeze what they can out of their systems that they want to come here and make us sound wrong for wanting to charge higher.

I could nit pick other things and "why does it matter, you won't hear a difference" so why all the hate. It's our money and it's one of those ways to get the most out of our equipment. You don't agree, leave it at that. There IS nothing wrong with 13.9 but my personal preference is to charge higher, that doesn't make me wrong or stupid.

I could make a long list of things that won't make you hear a difference but I bet you do them anyway to tweak things. Not the point though, and not the point of this thread, not gonna waste anymore time here. I just don't get it. My opinikn/preference is different than yours. Sorry

i dont think anyone said you was wrong.. the question on the OP was if it was okay and yes 13.9 is okay and wont harm a thing if he wants it to charge higher then he can but its not going to make a difference

Archived