Sundown Audio

Sundown Survives Again

Thewes

after 2 fires i dunno how your for sale thread for it will end up, even if it is just fuses.

I dont know how his car is gonna hold up let alone the for sale thread.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

I dont know how his car is gonna hold up let alone the for sale thread.

Haha my Escalade is holding up fine, despite every single accessory attached to the head liner (even some AC vents) have fallen off. But yeah as for the sale of the amp, I'm not letting it go to anyone after the abuse I've put it through. I am keeping this amp for sure now, and to everyone saying to run it at .5 or above, I cant without changing my subs.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Umm Imma have to go with your install is fucked up somewhere. Sundowns will go into protect, not blow fuses, if the voltage is too low. Running it at .375 daily will fry the amp eventually too. Just because it plays now, doesn't mean it will forever. .5 and .375 are a big difference, I didn't even feel comfortable running mine at .5 daily.

And if you run it at .375 cant you run it at 1.4??

I had mine at .35 daily for a while. The amps never shut down or blew a fuse or anything like that... They got hot after playing them full tilt on and off for like 45 mins in a 121 degree blacktop parking lot, but not once did they even go into protect or show any signs of the amp beginning to fail. It was just being pushed hard.

People wouldnt even believe me when I told them what ohm load those amps were playing at. Everyone said that it is impossible and the amp would go into protect the second it turns on. After explaining that the subs were dual 1.4, running with a pair strapped @ .7 and each amp sees 1/2 of that while strapped they couldnt believe it.

Definately a strong little amp.

Its gotta be hella unefficient at that ohm load, thats probably why your getting such bad voltage drop. I say get a bigger fuse and see where that leads you...

That will probably lead to my car lighting on fire. Definitely not going to fuck with the fuse sizes unless Jacob gives me the thumbs up. But honestly gmonk, I am glad I found someone that agrees with me. This mother fucker is tough. Both my BL's have 1.5 coils and each are in a parallel hooked up to the amp separately. Slams. When your in the south tampa area give me a call.

teamsundown-1.jpg

That will probably lead to my car lighting on fire. Definitely not going to fuck with the fuse sizes unless Jacob gives me the thumbs up. But honestly gmonk, I am glad I found someone that agrees with me. This mother fucker is tough. Both my BL's have 1.5 coils and each are in a parallel hooked up to the amp separately. Slams. When your in the south tampa area give me a call.

are they quads?

Whoops nevermind just worked it out they dvc :)

Archived